Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

game looks great - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Ewing has a default reputation
Smile game looks great

this game shows alot of promis i hope u guys do everything u can to market the game and get a nice community im looking forward to playing this game !! i also have alot of questions about the game but i dont know where to start one of my main questions is will this game be charging a monthly fee?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Welcome to the forums. We'll do a lot of marketing this summer, but word of mouth is very valuable to us - so tell all your friends.

You may be happy to hear that we will not be doing any monthly fees. However, there may be some additional downloadable content like new quests and other small bonuses that you can purchase either with actual money or achievement points gained in-game. These additions will be completely optional and we'll still be supporting the one-time payers with the regular patches and some content additions free of charge. We'll probably do a couple community events with game cash/achievement points as prizes as well, so if you want all the new content, you will have ways to get it regardless of your financial situation.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 05-22-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

I agree i actully am holding a great deal of exspectation for this game i have a few concerns such as buildtime speed things of this nature on a basic lvl whichwill mostlikey change but for now honestly its my only main concern with the exception of mmo mode
Old 05-23-2010, 12:15 AM

Smile yup

i have played many rts and i have been waiting for a inovative rts like this one this seems like everything i have been wanting mmo rts just great i have allready told many of my friends about this game i hope it is a gripping game that just makes u want to play more so i wish u guys the best of luck i hope when game releases many people know about it and buy the game and stay playing for a nice big rts community that just keeps growing
Old 05-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Yeah, buildtime had me worried a lot. If building timers take over like 1 hour to construct, it will affect the game seriously.
Im also wondering about army movement. How long does it normally take to move from A to B, and can you alter your course during movement, like say that your homeland is on the verge of being attacked, and you sent out your army, can you still recall them without any big time increasement?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:00 AM

in mmo mode is ther a pvp server and a seprate pve server or are they intermingled?. like can i do pve quests and challange another player in the same game mode? would really like to know this thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Yeah, buildtime had me worried a lot. If building timers take over like 1 hour to construct, it will affect the game seriously.
Im also wondering about army movement. How long does it normally take to move from A to B, and can you alter your course during movement, like say that your homeland is on the verge of being attacked, and you sent out your army, can you still recall them without any big time increasement?
In MMO mode things happen slowly, most constructions WILL take over an hour, but that doesnt mean theres nothing to do.... Why not train some units? Take some cattle to market? Raid a goblin camp? Do one of the many quests? The possibilities are endless! (Damn I sound like I'm advertising )

You will see your armies on the world map, and since they move in real time I am assuming that you can halt their progress any time and can change their direction
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
in mmo mode is ther a pvp server and a seprate pve server or are they intermingled?. like can i do pve quests and challange another player in the same game mode? would really like to know this thanks
Well, pvp is a part of the game, so there will probly not be pve and pvp servers, just regular servers. There wouldn't be much reason to save up resources for armies if there were pve servers except for occasional quests.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:13 PM

Smile naval units and gameplay

will each race get multiple naval units and how will naval battle take place or be incorperated into the game. like will i be able to bombard my enemys fortress from off shore while attacking him with my land army ?

Last edited by Ewing : 05-23-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM

Question wepons and armor upgrades

im shur there will be wepons and armor upgrades and things of that nature but will it acually show on the unit for example my infantry swordsman has leather armor i upgrade it to steel armor will the unit then change apearance and have steel armor? sorry if the question seems like common sence i just want to know