Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwine View Post
yeeesss but... >_> still... its more fun if youd had a chance to squish the grapes for the wine.... if you catch my drift.
Well yes, having first glimps on one of the first, and maybe best MMORTS to date, is pretty awesome. Plus CBTers will have the advantage later on when its released, seeing as they played it pretty much before the actual release, so it will be far easier to set up shop.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

...yes and the fact that you can plow the snow for people and say like, "HAH ive been doing that before you have" ... and be able to unabashly correct someone.
Plus beta is fun since you can screw around and people wont tell you its wrong or call you a newb...
Old 05-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
...yes and the fact that you can plow the snow for people and say like, "HAH ive been doing that before you have" ... and be able to unabashly correct someone.
Plus beta is fun since you can screw around and people wont tell you its wrong or call you a newb...
You really have to be a big **** if you're going to correct people and stuff just so you feel better about yourself and your unsuccesfull social life besides online games and facebook/twitter friends you never met.

We in the Netherlands call that a "Koos Vriendloos".
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
You really have to be a big **** if you're going to correct people and stuff just so you feel better about yourself
Ahhh I'm sorry, I mistyped my meaning. I meant to say "correct them" as in help them out. Really wouldnt be helpful if your helping someone and it turns out that you telling them the wrong things... Like I said I enjoy making game guides and helping people with their gaming.

Quote:
We in the Netherlands call that a "Koos Vriendloos".
Hmmm my dutch is abit wonky... but its not nice to call names
Old 05-17-2010, 05:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Ahhh I'm sorry, I mistyped my meaning. I meant to say "correct them" as in help them out. Really wouldnt be helpful if your helping someone and it turns out that you telling them the wrong things... Like I said I enjoy making game guides and helping people with their gaming. ^
Ohhh ok. Totally missed the point there. I'm never that good with helping people out, because when you help out a newb, they tend to keep spamming you for help later on, which kind of gets frustrating. You'd think that people could get a clue or at least know the basics of RTS.

Quote:
Hmmm my dutch is abit wonky... but its not nice to call names
And its not really calling names really. I'm merely understating the current position of people with the use of terms which tend to rhyme to give it a pleasant ring to it.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
because when you help out a newb, they tend to keep spamming you for help later on, which kind of gets frustrating. You'd think that people could get a clue or at least know the basics of RTS.
Oh I dont mind that at all actually... I mean the reason I got into online gaming was cause people were friendly enough to tell me how things run... I mean what fun would it be if everyone just played like theyre headless chickens. It'd be funny... but it wont be satisfying. Heck I wouldnt mind loosing to a newb I taught how to play... but then Id have to lay waste to his army afterwards.
As for the spamming... Moderating Forums, chat rooms... and being a GM in small player made games...you tend to build up immunity after awhile. Plus... I'd rather have a newb be friendly to me and not be attack, would be a waste of resources and you can get a minion for you world empire... WHAHAHAHHAH...

DO you know I like cashews?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Oh I dont mind that at all actually... I mean the reason I got into online gaming was cause people were friendly enough to tell me how things run... I mean what fun would it be if everyone just played like theyre headless chickens. It'd be funny... but it wont be satisfying. Heck I wouldnt mind loosing to a newb I taught how to play... but then Id have to lay waste to his army afterwards.
As for the spamming... Moderating Forums, chat rooms... and being a GM in small player made games...you tend to build up immunity after awhile. Plus... I'd rather have a newb be friendly to me and not be attack, would be a waste of resources and you can get a minion for you world empire... WHAHAHAHHAH...

DO you know I like cashews?
Helping them out is ok, but most people i try to help tend to abuse my services. Always mailing me with questions, presuming i don't mind helping them 24/7, and whining when i don't know or can't find the anwser.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

xD you gotta learn when to cut the umbilical cord :P
then again... ive never given any of them my email for them to question... of course some ive given separate messenger emails for when I'm in the mood to answer questions... meh... just never had taht problem.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Aelfwine could you please search for and post in previous threads, rather than starting unnecessary new ones... we've had quite a few on the beta now, and people seem to ignore the bigger threads (eg. the FAQ).
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Im sorry, ive kinda just gotten to reading those and catching up. Your welcome to close this if you like ^^, sorry for the trouble.