Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Hiring for Intern/Paid positions. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Arrow Reverie World Hiring for Intern/Paid positions.

Reverie World Studios, INC, developer of Dawn of Fantasy, located in Canada, Ontario, Toronto. We are looking to fill the following positions with-in the next month. Please send your resumes and inquiries to jobs{at}reverieworld{dot}.com.

Intern Lua Scripter -- Positions Filled
This is an opportunity for a Junior LUA Scripter to enter the game industry and work on late staged development of Dawn of Fantasy MMORTS world map interface including scripting interface and game object files in simplified Lua.

Requirements:
  • Workable demo of the basic flash or other based game or excerpts of the code personally created in any major programming language
  • Medium LUA scripting experience gained either in University or in your spare time.
Desirable:
  • Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
  • Computer Science or a related degree
This is an immediate requirement with 2 open positions; therefore you should be able to start within the next 2-3 weeks. This is part-time (15 to 20 hours) tele-working position, with basic bonus system compensation, and open road to advanced to a fully paid Lua Scripter position with-in 2 months.

-----------------------------------------------------

Intern Scenario Scripter -- Positions Filled
This is an opportunity for a Junior Scenario Scripter to enter the game industry and work on development of Dawn of Fantasy MMORTS quests - scripting gameplay action on provided levels based on design specifications, using basic Lua functions.

Requirements:
  • Several fan made released levels for any AAA RTS, RPG or FPS game that utilized a scripting or a complex trigger system.
Desirable:
  • Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
  • Basic LUA scripting experience is an asset
  • Computer Science or a related degree
This is an iurgent requirement with 6 open positions; therefore you should be able to start within the next 2-3 weeks. This is part-time (15 to 20 hours) tele-working position, with basic bonus system compensation, and open road to advanced to a fully paid Lua Scripter position with-in 2 months.

2D Digital Artist
This is an opportunity for a skilled 2D Artist to create high quality and polished digital art for the Dawn of Fantasy GUI interface and MMORTS World Map background and objects.

Requirements:
  • Strong foundation in traditional arts, with excellent fundamental digital graphic.
  • Highly proficient in Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
  • Highly proficient in creating photo-realistic landscapes and background.
  • Proficient in modeling & texturing 3D art assets for low-polygon games in 3D Max (9 Preferred).
Desirable:
  • Previous game industry, or game mod project participation
  • Familiar with PC RTS games and interfaces
  • Previous work on web or game interface
This positions start within the next 6-8 weeks. One opening. This is part-time/full-time position (20 to 40 hours) tele-working position, with hourly rates compensation. Additional profit sharing option will offered to dedicated employee willing to stay with the company.

Intern 2D Digital Artist
This is an opportunity for a starting 2D Artist to enter the game industry and work on creating digital art for the Dawn of Fantasy GUI interface – such as icons and buttons.

Requirements:
  • Highly proficient in Photoshop
  • Proficient in creating small scale objects such as buttons or icons.
Desirable:
  • Familiar with PC RTS games and interfaces
  • Previous work on web or game interface
This is an immediate requirement with 2 open positions; therefore you should be able to start within the next 2-3 weeks. This is part-time (10 to 20 hours) tele-working position, with basic bonus system compensation, and open road to advanced to a fully paid 2D or 3D artist position with-in 3 months.

~ This is not Dawn of Fantasy's minimum specifications
All positions should have computer specifications exceeding:
XP, Vista, Win 7.
CPU: 3.0+Ghz single core Processor or a Duel Core processor.
Video Card: High end 256mb, atleast geforce 8 series.
Full access high speed internet connection for communication and application sharing.
Good Anti-Virus, Anti-Malwere, and Anti-Spywere for better security of Dawn of Fantasy's Data to prevent vital information leaks.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:40 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I would like to add that for all positions but the Intern Scenario Designer the age limit is 16.

Also, if we will take someone under 16 for the Intern Scenario Designer position, they will not be able to get promoted to a full Scenario Designer for good work, until they are 16 (employment laws prohibit us)

Also - questions - comments, post them here please.

And Hurry up - We will only accept applications for the next 2 weeks.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I'm considering the Intern 2D Digital Artist, however I do not have Illustrator. I have created many sig bars and quite a few buttons (using stock or from scratch) though. Is that a problem?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM

Photoshop should be sufficient, actually I guess i`ll remove illustrator from there, this is more of the full-time 2D artist.

Majority of work for Junior 2D artists will be creating buttons (we need oh around 400 of them) for various research, unit, and building functions.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Reverie World Studios

Chris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputationChris Harshman has very good reputation

I am going to apply for Intern Lua Scripter.

I have a question regarding the method to send you this.

"Workable demo of the basic flash or other based game or excerpts of the code personally created in any major programming language"

I have the game piced out that I am going to send you it is an XNA game coded in C# and VS 2008. Can I just zip up the source code. The game requires XNA 3.1.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Good question.

Everyone - please feel free to e-mail samples under 10Mbs. Ideally find someplace to upload your sample and just send in a link instead.

Chriscisco, include as much directions for accessing the code or trying out the game. Our current Lua scripters will be the one reviewing these materials - so be sure to include something along the lines: "this requires XNA 3.1., you can download it here, after install do this and that to start the game"
Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

I am gonna go for Intern Scenario Scripter, currently working endlessly on my e mail aplication .

Hope I get accepted.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Best of luck to all our forumers - would be great to see our long time fans join the team. I`ll be able to cut half the questions from the interview as well
Old 09-29-2009, 05:09 PM

Corrected one mistake. For Intern Scenario Designer - basic lua scripting experience is an asset, not a requirement. To be fair none of our current scenario designers even heard about lua - and managed to learn with-in a month.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Phew...well now that will just make my aplication's Lua section look silly...sent it in anyways.

Please have the time to read it ;p.
Closed Thread