Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A MMORTS game in theory - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well that depends...anyone remember the zoo wars of age3?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
The thing is when you dc you generally get your army killed anyways don't you? It could be a temporary 1-10 min AI takeover after timing out based on what the player sets it to.
It depends what your doing. Normally when you DC you get kicked out of the game. Not so sure anymore if its a bad thing or not.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Yeah, generic RTS, but we're talking MMO where people spend forever building up troops etc. if you get away free from a DC that's bad and would be exploited, where at the same time if you lose all your stuff from an unintentional one that's also a bad thing, which is why I mentioned temporary AI control.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Yeah, generic RTS, but we're talking MMO where people spend forever building up troops etc. if you get away free from a DC that's bad and would be exploited, where at the same time if you lose all your stuff from an unintentional one that's also a bad thing, which is why I mentioned temporary AI control.
I'd just like to point out the battalion caps versus population cap. You can have quite a few total armies, but the size of each army is capped and you can only send one army per player participating, at least for now. Losing an entire army for an advanced player should be a minor-moderate setback, not a soul crushing and game ending defeat.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 05-17-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
I'd just like to point out the battalion caps versus population cap. You can have quite a few total armies, but the size of each army is capped and you can only one army per player participating, at least for now. Losing an entire army for an advanced player should be a minor-moderate setback, not a soul crushing and game ending defeat.
And here i thought i could build a monsterous huge army to bend entire Mythador to my will and rule as its new dark god
Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
And here i thought i could build a monsterous huge army to bend entire Mythador to my will and rule as its new dark god
LoL, the elves and humans will ally against You and you'll be crushed in no-time. You should not rule with one huge army but political with others army.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

WHY MUST YOU CRUSH OUR DREAMS!!!!
...THere goes my plans for pincer attacks... I always hate the "One BIG army vs Another" thing and send out a big force with a medium force to hit them from the sides/behind... Or bait them with a small army... then bite them down with the big hidden army...

Your no fun Josh =P
Quote:
LoL, the elves and humans will ally against You and you'll be crushed in no-time. You should not rule with one huge army but political with others army.
PFFFT... I was hoping to be the big bad evil Elf lurking in the shadows... bidding my time... then laying waste to the orc and human cities .... *sigh* one can dream... one can dream...
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
I'd just like to point out the battalion caps versus population cap. You can have quite a few total armies, but the size of each army is capped and you can only send one army per player participating, at least for now. Losing an entire army for an advanced player should be a minor-moderate setback, not a soul crushing and game ending defeat.
Wow nice info (new info?o.O I forgot if its not new x.x). I like it quite much since you can use another army while building back the one you lost =). Or just do multiple things. Just hope that army cap will not be too small =P.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 05-17-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

I wonder how hard it would be to wage a battle on two fronts ... meaning your the attacker on two fronts... it'd probably be somewhat easier being a defender on two fronts though I think.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
LoL, the elves and humans will ally against You and you'll be crushed in no-time.
It took 2 ages to totally crush Sauron (6462 years to be exact) and that was because of one small hobbit. I'm not concerned

Last edited by Yami-Yagari : 05-17-2010 at 07:27 AM.