Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXVI - State of Development - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

LoveToKill is just above average reputation

Aye but i planto grind tactics asap as soon as i get in game then se where to go from there ive gota few in theory ones but unfortuinatly for me or someone eles ill have to test these ideas on somebody
Old 05-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Your going Orc, right?

If so, its not really that hard in the beginning. Later on it will get more complicated because of the orcs weak economy.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Id imagine it would be harder early game as opposed to late game but once i hit cap and if any of my strats panout i wontbe worried by them type of things
Old 05-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

...from the sounds of it Orcs need to constantly farm their resources (ie. attack other people constantly) to keep their economy. Probably other orcs-humans-elves
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwine View Post
...from the sounds of it Orcs need to constantly farm their resources (ie. attack other people constantly) to keep their economy. Probably other orcs-humans-elves
Yeah they do. Probly the reason why orc units are cheaper in contrast with other races.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Could be or we may need to just work a bit morei cant think it would come to that look at it like this if it was that way then thered beclose to Zero orcs cause wed have to kill each other off just to barely survive i thinkit may be rougher then other racesa but not to that extent id hope
Old 05-17-2010, 03:52 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
Could be or we may need to just work a bit morei cant think it would come to that look at it like this if it was that way then thered beclose to Zero orcs cause wed have to kill each other off just to barely survive i thinkit may be rougher then other racesa but not to that extent id hope
The orcs economy is decent.. for early game. Later in the game their economy just won't be sufficient enough to support their armies and stuff.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Then how will that balanceout thats pretty much guranteeing that the orcsin the center of a region are gonna haveto kill eachother off Maybe i really dont know much bout thetravel system or how long it would take plus guilds EtcEtc then again allways make another castle same area and call it done
Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Aelfwine has a default reputation

well... from what ive gathered....
Elves - Elite - Expensive - Xenophobes.... >_> what i'll pick.
Humans - On the Fence
Orcs - Cheap - Massed - Quick.

I guess it'll be all based on play-style, like they said.

Humans for balance play-style.
Elves for slow turtling.
Orcs for unabashed rushing-raiding.

Thats all from first glance... I dunno if it'll hold true ingame.

Quote:
The orcs economy is decent.. for early game. Later in the game their economy just won't be sufficient enough to support their armies and stuff.
Ya, orcs will be easy starters, but late game they might have to expand their territory and constantly fight for met their economic demands... while Elves would probably have a harder time starting out due to the slow but steady resource production they have, but late game, it looks like they might just pwn... humans... steady as she goes?

Quote:
Then how will that balanceout thats pretty much guranteeing that the orcsin the center of a region are gonna haveto kill eachother off Maybe i really dont know much bout thetravel system or how long it would take plus guilds EtcEtc then again allways make another castle same area and call it done
For the Orcs... isnt it dog eat dog? Thats what I usually gathered from all games with rushers closed together... Stablished yourself and feed on the weaker... rinse and repeat. Then go for the big meat.

Last edited by Aelfwine : 05-17-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToKill View Post
Then how will that balance out? thats pretty much guranteeing that the orcs in the center of a region are gonna have to kill each other off. Maybe i really dont know much about the travel system or how long it would take plus guilds EtcEtc. Then again allways make another castle same area and call it done
Because of the fact endgame orc economy will prove insufficient to support the orcs, is the reason why orc units are cheaper and can create the biggest armies. Orcs are pretty much better attackers then they are defenders, and comparing units, elf units cost six times more cp then orc units. So even though single orc units are weaker compared to the rest, its because of their numbers that they can raid human and elf settlements without having to worry that you run out of resources to mantain your playstyle. and even if you lose your army, you can still create a decent force in short amount of time for minimal resources.