Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Ubisoft leaked cover art for new AC game, proceeds to take my logo? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default Ubisoft leaked cover art for new AC game, proceeds to take my logo?

I just wanted to put this out everywhere.
Ubisoft's cover art for their rumored AC Multiplayer game which we thought was called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood due to the recent domain registration, is indeed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
What's funny is that I have a long time fansite about the game, called 1191 A.D. Brotherhood, and it's a fact that they know about us - they asked me to advertise their 2nd social website last year for Assassin's Creed 2 - and it just happens so that the design of the word BrotherhooD on their new game's logo is the same as mine.

It's no biggie, and I don't have the logo officially registered - after all, I do have their symbol behind it.
However I still think this is kind of funny so I wanted to put it out in places, just so that people know the truth! Hahaha.

More information on my blog here.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 05-05-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

you are BEYOND awesome you know that?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
you are BEYOND awesome you know that?
My thought exactly.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I don't see how they copied you. You took their font and red color and capitalized BrotherhooD just like they capitalized Assassin'S.

But nice to see some info on AC3. Should be a great game.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 PM

It isn't AC3.
Also it isn't their font, it's called Trajan Pro, I don't think it's theirs.
And yes as I said this is no biggie and I was joking about the fact that they copied my logo. It's based on their design yes, so it's like we took the design idea, made something slightly different with it and now they used it. I mean come on, I've ran this website for 3 years. You can't blame me and my members for getting kicks out of it
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
I don't see how they copied you. You took their font and red color and capitalized BrotherhooD just like they capitalized Assassin'S.

But nice to see some info on AC3. Should be a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
It isn't AC3.
Also it isn't their font, it's called Trajan Pro, I don't think it's theirs.
And yes as I said this is no biggie and I was joking about the fact that they copied my logo. It's based on their design yes, so it's like we took the design idea, made something slightly different with it and now they used it. I mean come on, I've ran this website for 3 years. You can't blame me and my members for getting kicks out of it

Dude... It pretty much is AC3, unless its a spinoff, but I see no evidence for that.

Also, your logo used their copyrighted logo, therefore if they want it, it is rightfully their to use (something along those lines).
Also, all I can see you did is put the words over their logo? You did not design the font, and thus they havent really taken anything...

Yes, its pretty cool, it may have been coincidence however. But still, it is cool that your site now shares the name with the game.

Also, you seemed very angry and perhaps a bit childish in the blog? Try to be a bit more accepting of it or provide a stronger arguement You wont win any legal battles so dont try...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

ROFL. I don't think he was trying to win any legal battles. It was more of a tongue in cheek post. Don't take him too seriously guys.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
ROFL. I don't think he was trying to win any legal battles. It was more of a tongue in cheek post. Don't take him too seriously guys.
yeah, what he said, what is it with you people.

That said, nickson, it's not actually AC3 - this has been said by themselves; It's a multiplayer episode in the franchise. Something to keep the fans running until AC3 I guess, and it's sort of a spin off/AC2 continuation. Kind of like the Half Life 2 episodes.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 05-05-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
yeah, what he said, what is it with you people.

That said, nickson, it's not actually AC3 - this has been said by themselves; It's a multiplayer episode in the franchise. Something to keep the fans running until AC3 I guess, and it's sort of a spin off/AC2 continuation. Kind of like the Half Life 2 episodes.
How can you take something like AC, and turn it into a MMO ?
Free for All assassination death match?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Nice one Litos, if i understood right you invented the word Brotherhood there and now they use it for a new sequel? Tho it would be very nice if they confirmed that your idea was so good they had to use it (at least just to you, unofficially), but it is still nice without that =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!