Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[Split] Tolkien & Silmarillion - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

hmm - maybe. Thought the first movie would be either short or long and boring.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Well comparing fellowship of the ring with the other movies, it was kinda dull to. Only real good parts were Moria and Amon Hen, and prologue.
Main focus of the first movie in a movie series it to get people's attention, so sequels, who are more action-packed, can gross more money.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Good point. However, I am not sure how far that amount of material could be stretched without making it a complete bore, almost more documentary then movie. The next couple movies though would be completely action packed.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Some parts of the silmarillion aren't as action packed as others, but if you take the right approach, can be great to watch.

Take the creation of Arda. There really is not much to work with, except with the part of melkor trying to disrupt the harmony of the music.

I assume most people here watch anime, and watched or at least heard about Code Geass.
Sure, it has nice, fastpaced action, but another factor of what made it so great is lelocuh lamperouge.
His meticulous planning is one of the great things about the anime plus with his geass of the king, which gives him the ability to control people.
It's really fun to see him plan his moves, when he plays his pawns and when he throws them away when they'r of no more use to him.
If they were to take that part from that character and implement that in Melkor, then even something dull like the creation of Arda, which has not more action as other parts, can be enjoyable to watch.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

I had not thought of that. that might work - though we would have to be careful not to humanize Melkor - keep him scary, keep him out of sight.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
I had not thought of that. that might work - though we would have to be careful not to humanize Melkor - keep him scary, keep him out of sight.
True, the less you'd see of him, the more impact he would have.

It's really hard to humanize him, considering the fact no one has a clear view on what he would look like.
There's dozens of different depictions of him, some appealing, others less. but what would Tolkien have wanted him to look like?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Hmm who knows. I think thats half the beauty of it was to let the reader decide for himself. Thereby the character fitted exactly what he wanted that character to be. In essence wht the reader found most apealing i myself hate it when i read a book and then they releave the second eddition with some scrotty picture of what somone imagines the charachter to look like. As they never look as good as what you envision in your own mind. and thus are disapointing.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Hmm who knows. I think thats half the beauty of it was to let the reader decide for himself. Thereby the character fitted exactly what he wanted that character to be. In essence wht the reader found most apealing i myself hate it when i read a book and then they releave the second eddition with some scrotty picture of what somone imagines the charachter to look like. As they never look as good as what you envision in your own mind. and thus are disapointing.
Well i dont mind about some ilustrations but i hate if i watch movie first and then go read book. Atm i am reading first book of lotr (i know i am little late =P) but when i try to imagine things there, only movie images come to my mind x.x, any advice how to get rid of that ?=)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

When he is fully revealed - such as when Fingolfin is killed, he needs to be, most of all - BIG, really BIG. His face should still never be seen.

Only in the final victory over him by the Valar when he is cast into the Void should his face be seen.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
When he is fully revealed - such as when Fingolfin is killed, he needs to be, most of all - BIG, really BIG. His face should still never be seen.

Only in the final victory over him by the Valar when he is cast into the Void should his face be seen.

Morgoth by LordofIZAN

Morgoth by Artist currently unknown

http://gileryd.deviantart.com/art/Mo...-Lord-29381723 (tried to insert it, but didn't work, therefor this link)
Morgoth by gileryd

These are some depictions of several artists, who all did a nice job.
Tell me, which one do you think Morgoth should look like?

Last edited by Yami-Yagari : 04-30-2010 at 01:58 AM.