Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

[Split] Tolkien & Silmarillion - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I guess LastSpartan didnt read hobbit or hurins childrens yet =). There are described dragons as one of the most cunning and evil creatures in middle earth. For cunningness you need brains =).
Tho i think dragons should be here "the wisest" creatures (at least elite/leading ones).
I would rather have dragons than elves =(.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 04-26-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
I guess LastSpartan didnt read hobbit or hurins childrens yet =). There are described dragons as one of the most cunning and evil creatures in middle earth. For cunningness you need brains =).
Tho i think dragons should be here "the wisest" creatures (at least elite/leading ones).
I would rather have dragons than elves =(.
Would be real nice though, if The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin would be filmed.
I mean First Age was hectic and sauron was morgoth's lieutenant, so consider the power and evil he wou'ld't have. Would make an awesome movie
Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Would be real nice though, if The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin would be filmed.
I mean First Age was hectic and sauron was morgoth's lieutenant, so consider the power and evil he wou'ld't have. Would make an awesome movie
Definitely. If LORTS was at all epic, that would be so much more so.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Definitely. If LORTS was at all epic, that would be so much more so.
LOTRS Anyways i have read the silmarillion and its quite good, not enough war and total slaughters but enough to satisfy a normal mind
Old 04-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
LOTRS Anyways i have read the silmarillion and its quite good, not enough war and total slaughters but enough to satisfy a normal mind
Well, it will be epic, considering Morgoth got orcs, dragons, balrogs, werewolves and more to use against poor littly elves.

Will be hard to depict morgoth though, because whatever look they decide to use, there will be people complaining about it looking like ass.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Well, it will be epic, considering Morgoth got orcs, dragons, balrogs, werewolves and more to use against poor littly elves.

Will be hard to depict morgoth though, because whatever look they decide to use, there will be people complaining about it looking like ass.
I agree there - although they could get away with showing him only a few times. The main prob. I think, would be with the Valar in general. It would be hard to depict them as majestic and powerful as Tolkein wrote them. This covers the issue with Morgoth/Melkor. The worse thing is if they downplay him, like the movie Eragon did to Galbatorix.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

True, Valar depiction will be hard to do.
I'm not really that familliar with The Silmarillion, only the main course of events, so i don't know if they have physical forms or are more spiritual beings.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
they downplay him, like they did to Galbatorix.
I dont know what you speak of? No such movie ever existed, and never shall exist. The series was not well written, but made up a large part of my life and those are cherished memories, not to be ruined by a film... A film would destroy what little dignity the books have, no film ever existed okay?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
I dont know what you speak of? No such movie ever existed, and never shall exist. The series was not well written, but made up a large part of my life and those are cherished memories, not to be ruined by a film... A film would destroy what little dignity the books have, no film ever existed okay?
? ?? - ok, whatever. I think you got my point.

The Valar have physical forms, or at least take them on many times throughout the Simarilion. It would have to be a movie series - way too much content to cover in one film.

Movie 1
- Brief on creation, Melkor becoming evil, struggle during creation, Coming of elves to Valinor, Release of Melkor and stealing of the Simarils, Feanors and the march of the Nolder, first wars against Morgoth

Movie 2
- The Siege of Angbad, The battle of Unumbered Tears, fall of Nolder

Movie 3
- The last few things - Narn i Hurin, etc. Return of the Valar, creation of Numenor, etc.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
? ?? - ok, whatever. I think you got my point.

The Valar have physical forms, or at least take them on many times throughout the Simarilion. It would have to be a movie series - way too much content to cover in one film.

Movie 1
- Brief on creation, Melkor becoming evil, struggle during creation, Coming of elves to Valinor, Release of Melkor and stealing of the Simarils, Feanors and the march of the Nolder, first wars against Morgoth

Movie 2
- The Siege of Angbad, The battle of Unumbered Tears, fall of Nolder

Movie 3
- The last few things - Narn i Hurin, etc. Return of the Valar, creation of Numenor, etc.
Probably the best way to end first movie, is with ungoliath and melkor destroying the twin trees and taking the silmarillions, thus destroying the only source of light at the moment and covering the world in darkness. Gives it a nice cliffhanger

The book itself is actually already slpit in 4 seperate sections, so best if they'd stick to that, with the consequence of less action in some of the movies.