Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dragon Age: Origins - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto
Default Dragon Age: Origins

Has anyone tried it? Does it live up to the hype? I'm curious, I don't really play those kind of games, nor does anyone I know, so I haven't really heard much about it although it seems to be very popular. It's something i'm thinking about trying.

Edit: nvm, I just realized my CPU is too old x_x lol.

Last edited by Aametherar : 05-02-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Yes, and yes. It's an epic game with an amazing story, though it tends to annoy me a lot because the main character has no voice, everyone else is voiced...except you. I know it's a small thing, but yeah, bothers me:P
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Can't help you there, have never played it. SOrry.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Great Story, Gamplay, Characters. You get three races to choose: Human, Elf, and Dwarf. Each has there own origin stories at the beginning(the Dwarf noble is my favorite origin story). After that is when the Adventure starts. If you play Kotor then the combat and gameplay is similar to that.

If you are a fan of good old fantasy rpgs then get it. If you do everything in the game you will spend no less then 30hrs playing the game.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

This may be one I pick up when I (some day) upgrade my CPU. Sounds nice. I miss free roaming RPG's my favorite back in the day was Betrayal at Krondor.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

It was a really good game, a good story with some good cinematics, amazing dialogues and so much replayability I average about 20 hours per character, and i have completed it at least 4 times...

I dont know how it is on pc, but it certainly was fun on the xbox
Old 05-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

I'd compare it to fable personally, a good game but not one that lives up to the hype. It doesn't stand up to Baulder's Gate. It also was pretty easy, definitely don't use the DLC items if you want any semblance of a challenge.

While there were plenty of choices, each playthrough still felt the same. Because of this and the desire to try each class I ended up with three playthroughs and then stopped playing alltogether before I finally took the time to finish it just so I could do the expansion.

The control scheme for this sort of game is vastly superior on the PC, I've tried both.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

It is great overall. Has great story, nice gameplay, nice graphics.
Shame on you for not playing it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
If you are a fan of good old fantasy rpgs then get it. If you do everything in the game you will spend no less then 30hrs playing the game.
definitely more then 30 hours, yeah. It took me an entire week playing nonstop, from 8:00 till 23:00, so yeah loads to do ingame.

Dunno if people here have the expansion aswell, but to be honest it was meh compared to the original. took me less then 2 days to complete.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
I'd compare it to fable personally, a good game but not one that lives up to the hype. It doesn't stand up to Baulder's Gate. It also was pretty easy, definitely don't use the DLC items if you want any semblance of a challenge.

The control scheme for this sort of game is vastly superior on the PC, I've tried both.
I suspected as much about the game controls... For a change the games managed to pull off radial menus very well i quite liked the console layout

The game isnt very challenging at later stages admittedly, but early on it can be pretty tough on the hard difficulties...

I didnt even know about the game until it was released and a friend told me about it, thus no hype for me and no disappointment

I wouldnt compare it to baldurs gate, never, baldurs gate is classic and I CANT FIND IT!!!!

Last edited by nickson104 : 05-02-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

EmpressHebihime has a default reputation

DA:O was one of the best 24hour games of my life! The choices, the combat system that was kind like GWs. Altho my romance big choices happened in my second achievement playthrough it was THE most awesome RPG I've ever played. Altho Mass Effect also is a great TPSRPG game, DA:O Takes the price for fantasy and RPG.