Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation
Default 0 A.d.

Looky
Can't wait til the first playable release!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

0 AD is Dawn of Fantasy's sister title, of sorts.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I was able to get the game up and running on my box and I enjoyed it. But it's very rough still. I'd like to see where it is in a year or so.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Kinda reminds me of Age of Empires, which was fun to play.
but looks promising enough yeah.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
0 AD is Dawn of Fantasy's sister title, of sorts.
And I thought I found a good-looking game that wasn't involved with Reverie in any way! Anyway, what do you mean by "sister title"? Are any of the devs also working on 0 AD?

Wait, I remember now - both 0 AD and DoF originated on the AoKH Forums! Is there any more connection than that? Are you people all secretly one person who happens to have game-developing super-powers?
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Wow that would be cool then. If they have put it together as good as you have then it should be two great titles. Sounds like alot of fun
Old 05-01-2010, 08:58 AM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
And I thought I found a good-looking game that wasn't involved with Reverie in any way! Anyway, what do you mean by "sister title"? Are any of the devs also working on 0 AD?

Wait, I remember now - both 0 AD and DoF originated on the AoKH Forums! Is there any more connection than that? Are you people all secretly one person who happens to have game-developing super-powers?
Yup. They started around the same time in the same forums. 0 AD was a couple months later, but all the original devs from both teams knew each other. Not many of these oldies are still around but there was a fair bit of bouncing ideas around between both teams and we each had "embassies" at the other games' forums to keep them updated on our title. We're not so close anymore, but Kon and I still check out their progress every month and I talk with their PR Head and a couple other members every now and again. I did an interview with their new producer as well, back when I was with HG. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Robert, one of our scripters, work for WFG one day when they open up their level design department.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Their graphics look like theyre taken directly from the old Age of _____ games.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Why do you say that? I think their art department is excellent.

This game is also freeware and cross-platform, so that alone is very impressive. Although I think it still has a couple years of development.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Oh I didn't mean to say that they were! Just that it seems to be a source of inspiration. In my book if I can see clearly I don't care what it looks like, i'm all about game play. When I went to the link to look at it I was surprised to see that it's freeware. It's something i'll definitely be trying out.