Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Looking for an mmo with a good crafting system. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unen View Post
So as the title says I'm looking for a good (preferably free/beta, or at least with an extended trial) mmo with an enjoyable crafting system. Does anyone have any suggestions? I liked the system (or at least the little i got to experience) in darkfall but other game-play aspects caused me to quit.

Thank you in advance.
Short of pre-CU SWG nothing comes to mind with enjoyable crafting. And darkfall, heh. Not exactly a crafting game.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Short of pre-CU SWG nothing comes to mind with enjoyable crafting. And darkfall, heh. Not exactly a crafting game.
If I remeber correctly, some group re-did SWG without the post CU changes. I'll have to do some searching to find it again, but I'll link it sooner or later.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
If I remeber correctly, some group re-did SWG without the post CU changes. I'll have to do some searching to find it again, but I'll link it sooner or later.
It's somewhat frowned upon to link emulators and other such things. I'll have to ask you not to. PM it, or he can google it.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
There's WoW, but thats P2P .

Not sure but D&D Online has crafting options, don't know if they're any good.

Allods Online is a nice game, but crafting is kind of a *****, considering you need loads of materials and with random elements, so you might not get what you want.

LOTRO has crafting, but thats really bad IMO. materials are hard to get and sometimes game won't let you collect.

Craft of Gods releases 27th of May, it has crafting and funny and unique guild system different then all others. will be P2P also.

There's Runescape of course, but its runescape, so its your choice whether or not you play it.

Tera Online looks like a really promising MMO. dunno if they have crafting, but still it looks great. P2P also.

All of this kinda of the top of my head. if you want more info i suggest you check out their sites.
There is another MMO with lots of promise, but not sure if there´s any crafting involved.
Star Wars: The Old Republic, definitely worth checking out, releases spring next year.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
I will obey my master... only if my master plays with me I dont solo
We can see, its really a problem for me that its maxed out in 20 skills of each... I had quite a huge multitude of characters before all maxed out. As 20 on three skills or more... (6) It takes many years to be able to do everything, and i have played it for a long time so i know the map in and out so its not fun for me unless i manage to acquire a bank account (which i have applied for and the card is arriving tomorrow or the day after )
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
There is another MMO with lots of promise, but not sure if there´s any crafting involved.
Star Wars: The Old Republic, definitely worth checking out, releases spring next year.
Aye, im really looking forward to the old republic.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM

M4cias has a default reputation

Try Atlantica Online... not that best crafting system, but one of better ones, if u didnt tryied...
its around 50% of game strategy to craft, craft, craft ;P
Old 02-06-2011, 10:26 AM

D4kai has a default reputation

Wurm Online, you can build just everything here. Boats, homes, mines. You also can plant fruits and trees. It's the sandbox game.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Karthus has a default reputation

I have seen a few post about Wurm online on other sites today i will have to check it out it sounds fun.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM

GrimbleMcArmon has a default reputation

if you have time to invest i'd go with Wurm Online