Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Looks like we have some competition - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Looks like we have some competition

Earlier today, Petroglyph announced their new MMORTS, End of Nations. Graphics leave a little to be desired for a major studio (though they have pretty nice CGI), but it sounds like their instanced maps are pretty huge covering square miles and make up for this.

Not crazy about modern warfare games or the fact that they're dubbing it the "first MMORTS." But it looks pretty decent.

http://www.endofnations.com/en/index.php
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

I dont even see them as competition, scanned the page... It doesnt sound too great, and as you said, it is easily outdone in graphics...

DoF is a total different approach to the genre, and so hardly competes with that game... And even if they were to compete, I think DoF would win as it just sounds overall a much better game, much more thought out... And the MMO aspect of DoF sounds a lot better than their one
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hmm looks like a lot of current games already out. DOF is in no trouble
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

At that game looks interesting big maps and many players on one map. And beside that its nice feeling that there is one ultra powerful (overpowered) computer evil (for all ppl) that ppl can play against.
I also agree, it doesnt look so nice. And i am little upset for them saying it is first mmorts x.x, tho are they living in a cave to not know this one?=) (tho not saying this one is first but at least first decent one =P)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

I'm ****ed they call it the first MMORTS. I can't wait for someone to call them out on it.

Even so, I'll give that game its fair shot. The studio is well known, and I'll give my two cents to their community. No reason to rip them, all the reason to make suggestions.

That being said, DoF is still my favorite upcoming title
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

You can't get too upset if they call themselves the first MMORTS though... we've used that line too. Although I do believe we had the first MMORTS concept, just took us a little bit.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

LastSpartan has fair reputation
Default lol

I doubt it will be any popular.. search it up in google images and you get a bunch of things doing with countries. The graphics and game play kinda looks lame if you ask me tho.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Graphics remind me of Battalion Wars, which are decent on its own, and if i'm really honest is doesn't even look that bad as people here describe it.
but i know how a MMORTS with tanks is going to end.
Won't be long before people stop playing it because of constant frustrating tankrush.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Graphics remind me of Battalion Wars, which are decent on its own, and if i'm really honest is doesn't even look that bad as people here describe it.
but i know how a MMORTS with tanks is going to end.
Won't be long before people stop playing it because of constant frustrating tankrush.
My bad, hadn't read up on the subject, apparently i'm dead off.
Hoped it would have been more RA, but instead its going more C&C4/WiC.
Kinda shame really, was hoping it would have been more like DoF with basebuilding, but hope it works out.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I don't think a Modern/futuristic theme poses any threat to a Fantasy theme. That being said neither are the first but everyone says they are, it's good advertising and most people are ignorant anyways!

Will I have to pay a subscription fee to play End of Nations?
Yes, a subscription fee will be required to play End of Nations. However, the exact price per month is still being determined and will be announced much closer to game’s release.

Theres another thing that helps eliminate it as competition (=

Last edited by Aametherar : 04-27-2010 at 01:38 AM.