Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion: official question thread - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation
Default Suggestion: official question thread

Let's be jones here: the world isn't perfect. Rules are broken, people expect easy results without any effort, and expect instant gratification through someone else work. The best we can hope for is solutions to these problems, and to consolidate them to create less clutter, and not he overly ****ed off at those people who make life that much more difficult

In my opinion, that's also how forums work.

We've had a large influx of users recently, and many of them have questions. More then a few have multiple questions, and most of them will simply ask them instead of searching for it. I therefore suggest the creation of an official "ask a question" thread. Any questions about DoF as the general community knows it can be asked, without any responces like "use the search button." this thread can be a sticky, or (IMO, the better idea) an announcement that users can post on. I thinkthat this would reduce clutter and give people an easier time of both finding and giving information.

This would not mean that questions on a discussion could no be asked (if they are on topic, that is), but it should substitute for making multiple threads on a subject.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I thought there was already an FAQ thread. Somewhere?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

There is already one here : Official FAQ Thread
Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Of course I know about the FAQ, and I know its the first place people should look. But that was not the point of this thread, or suggestion. I'm suggesting we have a separate thread for question-making, so then we can avoid being frustrated over people asking random questions in their own thread. Plus, the fact that one of our veteran forumers couldn't find the FAQ/didn't take the effort to find it only solidifies my point.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hey oto I can find the FAQs , just didn't want to come across super grouchy as was the subject of another thread about the FAQs and newcomers. I've come to believe that as long as there are newcomers there will be new threads with the same questions. A good problem in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Hey oto I can find the FAQs , just didn't want to come across super grouchy as was the subject of another thread about the FAQs and newcomers. I've come to believe that as long as there are newcomers there will be new threads with the same questions. A good problem in my opinion.
aye, but is it a good solution?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

There was a debate about this before if i recall, no matter how obvious you make things there will always be a couple who just dont bother to look and start asking fourms. The only thing you can do is point them in the correct place if you dont know or answer for them, but if we want this forum to grow we need to be polite about it. For me this isnt about trying to make up solutions because there will always be one to ask a question no matter how obvious the answer.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Of course I know about the FAQ, and I know its the first place people should look. But that was not the point of this thread, or suggestion. I'm suggesting we have a separate thread for question-making, so then we can avoid being frustrated over people asking random questions in their own thread. Plus, the fact that one of our veteran forumers couldn't find the FAQ/didn't take the effort to find it only solidifies my point.
The FAQ was designed to provide the essential information AND allow people to ask questions there - that's why it's an open thread, not a closed one. This 'ask a question' thread is basically the same, and as people have said, people always overlook such threads anyway.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
The FAQ was designed to provide the essential information AND allow people to ask questions there - that's why it's an open thread, not a closed one. This 'ask a question' thread is basically the same, and as people have said, people always overlook such threads anyway.
Have to agree, the ask a question thread is kind of the same, so isn't it unnecessary to have another one? would be quite confusing.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

The official FAQ thread is also for asking questions, so making another one would be weird but if you really want to you could, but make sure that it is in full capital letters and bolded.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)