Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXIII - Unique Formations Part I - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

rolzuc has a default reputation

Great Fantasy Friday as usual :P The fact we reached number 23 says a lot about the variety of the game. Just WOW. And i have the feeling we just scratched the surface til now. Still i wonder if we could have some sort of trailer soon since the last trailer was quite a while ago, when the new DoF Homepage opened. Is there any chance for that?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Mechanical question:

How long does it take to assemble into formation? Are there any penalties while you are changing formations?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

like how you changed the formation setting from the orcs. switching between mob and battle formation would get boring at some time, plus other races have multiple formations too
Old 04-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Looks GREAT Thanks for this, it has swung me back in favour of the orcs i think...
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Mechanical question:

How long does it take to assemble into formation? Are there any penalties while you are changing formations?
Will probably be instantenious. if switching between formations takes to long, like say getting charged by cavalry, there´s no point in switching because they´l be dead before they could assemble
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Mechanical question:

Elven formations take a long time to switch, and elven units are immobile and useless while switching.

Men formations take no time to switch, however after switching formations there is a cooldown that does not let you switch again for a little while.

Orc formations have huge fatigue costs and fatigue drains, so while they give big bonuses they also don't last long and cannot be switched often.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Well, while orc and men formations start immediately when called, the slower formations take a while as the units move at the speed of the formation when assembling, so it's best to give them some warning.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 04-24-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Even more formations =O. The changing movement formation is good but dont like those bonuses x.x, they are illogical - example: now if i stand in circle with others than we get stronger armour or my weapons could cut trough stronger armors that couldnt do so before.
They sounds more like ritual dancing and then higher force grant them some powers.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

I don't really get the turtle formation . I mean it doesn't really resemble a turtle or any other turtle formation. but the bonuses are nice, rather imbalanced, but nice.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

It's more of a turtle shell outline, just a little squished in that keep.