Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM

MOO555 has a default reputation
Default Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions

Hey i'm new here. I was just wondering what some of the major and minor differences between the PC and 360 versions will be.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Well i could guess a few obvious things here:

-No mod tools
-No map making toolz
-Reductions in graphical quality and quantity
-Much more difficult controls (meh?)

And err, the 1st 2 points is generically speaking...im sure there will be pc mod tools that "mite" be able to be cooked for PC (similar to ps3/pc cooks)

Dont want to start any wars here but...the scale the PC version will have will be much greater than the 360 in terms of graphical quality, performance, and scale in terms of how much attention to detail there will be towards smaler units, finer details and flexibilty (in a generic view)

But it terms of overall gameplay and experience, im sure there will be minimal differences...although I do reccomend you get if for the PC for simple ease of use, and RTS's are after all designed for PC's...one of the 1st ever was nearly 25 years ago hehe...good old days (before i was born but still :P)
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

the xbox will have better graphics...

mod tools for pc and worldbuilder will be coming out.

dunno about xbox though
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation

i wouldn't say better graphic because it depends are your tv and you haft to compare to a really good comptor
Old 04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Xbox has a better graphics card... unless your using a black & white TV, then it will be better...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

No...

Sorry im in no way flaming, but you couldn't be more incorrect.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 come no where near graphical power and processing power of a top of the line PC (Ł1000+ such as mine)

And you cant say it "has a better graphics card" compared to what...? lol.

If you want some Idea of what they both use...then here ya go . The PS3 uses a modified version of geforces late G80- series (just before G92). BUT you could call it a "multi developed GF8000" Which gradually its power becomes fully optimal when games come out which can utilise all of its power. Its a future proofing technique all consoles have had and will have...which technically makes them more cost effective compared to PC's because graphics just about keep up as technology advances. The 360 uses Radeon or ATI chip set, again modified and again "multi developed", games will keep up graphically as time and technology advances.

But since a PC can upgrade "physically" every single part of it every 4-8 months, then naturally a top-of-the-line PC squashes any hope of any console keeping up.

For example try getting over 200+ FPS on UT3 on a PS3 with 32 people playing online with the largest map? you cant...since its capped at 60 ish both the game by default and PS3 and 360 in general...sort of like a permanent Vsync. But as many UT3 PS3 owners will say...custom maps and graphical settings, even though slight, bog it down considerably

Both consoles do not operate on a directX level which comes anywhere near DX10 or 9.0c since it uses a different type of distinction. The G92 chip sets and new 9x series graphics cards coming out...as well as dual tri and eventually Octycore processors (6 and 8 processors) and dx10.1...I'm sorry but PC's graphics and power will always surpass a console in every way.

Lol obviously a color TV would help, but remember all "HD" is, is a substantial increase in per pixel resolution and ocular liquid crystal display quality (basically how good and expensive and reliable the LC's of the D actually are). I have a HD monitor, i can tell you it does definitely ramp up picture quality (since im on 1080p its pretty dam nice)

So in conclusion, PC will have the better graphics. Hence why crysis isn't on any consoles (yet anyway) simply too good looking and powerful + crytek said it themselves.

@ Iceblast...

That's what i said dude...i was saying there wont be any for the 360, a downloader system may be introduced though so that's one good thing for you . Wonder it it will come out for PS3 in the future...hmmmm

Sorry for going horribly off topic but it seems people dont really know the full story here.

I'm sure the 360 version will be just as great a game as the PC version will be

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Yeah there will be a transfer system for maps for the 360. I think that there may be an editing system for it thought.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Yeah there will be a transfer system for maps for the 360. I think that there may be an editing system for it thought.
That will be good for 360r's, will allow them to finally be some part of the modding community

But of course to replicate the scale of a PC editor would unfortunately be impossible...

Then again, a toned down version could well be made, maybe if microsoft was to introduce a mouse and keyboard kinda thing going with the 260 it would get more pickups...

The best you guys could hope for is a special download manager or program or just a normal file, that you would download direct from here or wherever when a map/mod section is introduced onto the boards. I wouldn't worry people, i can already tell the support for this game and its community will be excellent. So definitely expect some kind of system

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-10-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation

well like said pc has better graphics because the systems liek a ps3 cant keep up. Note when making map edattor make people to edit with more then one person like in ahlo 3 that would speed and make maps up faster
Old 04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr View Post
well like said pc has better graphics because the systems liek a ps3 cant keep up. Note when making map edattor make people to edit with more then one person like in ahlo 3 that would speed and make maps up faster
Come again?

Anyway yeah. Like with any PC to 360 game or vice versa, your bound to run into some difficulties.