Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fan-Fic, need names. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub > Lore, Fan Fiction, & Fan Art
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Raulaun has good reputation
Default Fan-Fic, need names.

I'm Raulaun, A writer, I was hoping some of you could be A part of my mediocre fan-fiction story by contributing names of midieval characters of any race possibly present within dawn of fantasy. I will return in 1 week and use the best appropriate names.

List of races known by me:
Humans
Elves
Orcs
Dragons
Dwarves

If I am missing any, just enter your suggestion, I'm preparing the plot at the moment, writing isn't fast-paced and takes lots of plot-building.

P.S. Can't post in the fan-fiction area and the pub didn't seem like a good place to put this, if I posted this thread in the wrong topic, forgive me.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

They are the races available to play/purchase. There were a few other races on the production line but have been droped all together, Undead, Minator and Lizard men (forgot the name they used). They were all suggested but droped later on down the line of the game, and i dont think there is enough lore or anything to include them in your story but i havent seen the lore so i wouldnt know i do hope a dev comes and clarifys

And have fun writing your book its very relaxing i find
Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
all together, Undead, Minator and Lizard men (forgot the name they used).
I believe the lizard men are called amphibians. They live in swamps basically or very aquatic areas. We don't really know much else at all about those races lore-wise other than a few basic things.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I will think of some good ones, but I will have to get my creative juices cranking first. I will have some by Tuesday.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

The amphibians were their nickname, but they were known as the Maakvir.

Dragons, Dwarves, Minotaurs, Maakvir, and the Undead were all in the original concept but will not be included in the initial release. Dragons and Dwarves, and maybe a Minotaur or two, will make it in as hirable mercenaries and regional creeps.

More concept information: http://dof.heavengames.com/info/factions/forgotten
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 AM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Attached is our original world map. It has a bunch of names that you might be able to use for either characters or towns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.JPG (116.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg mythador.jpg (331.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Excellent, thanks! I'm still deciding where I want the story to be centered in. I don't necessarily want it to be another one of those elf-flicks, so I'm thinking somewhere along a border. I've been researching the media.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Oh, almost forgot - SeventhSanctum is another good resource. It's a random name generator that I used a couple times when designing Age of Mythology custom scenarios.

Character Name Generator
Race Specific Names - Dwarven, Elven, Dark Elven, Goblin, Treant, Ships, etc.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Thanks, this should help alot aswell. I still want people to suggest their own names to be part of the Fanfic. Keep them coming, thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I understood they must sound medievalish in way that they have fantasy name + surname as some kind nickname.

Humans
Kaerthos Orcslayer
Daina Pureheart
Estariar the Builder
Erion Ironfist

Elves
Idmaril Silverwind

Orcs
Murgash Bloodthirsty
Zugmek the Vile

Dragons
Erathir/Eranion the Wise
Meruin Seawyrm

Dwarves
Droin Emptymug
Gruf Stonebreaker

These are the ones i can think of =). The concept (first name) for dwarves was something short but strong/hard; for dragons something that sounds more magnificent; for orcs something simple =); for elves something high cultured; and for humans, well, humanish =), maybe little noble.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 04-17-2010 at 08:25 PM.