Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXII - Homelands of Gokkholm - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first orc settlement?
Brakental 13 20.31%
Flattan Rol 14 21.88%
Thikken Dal 15 23.44%
Why would I ever play Orcs? 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

I know who will be in a good mood, but it aint you
Old 05-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Wow - look at that desert orcs - Thikken Dal is taking the lead!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Question

Unit Price Adjustments:
-Forest Orcs excel at hit and run tactics, thus the Marauders can be recruited at 50% less cost, since Goblins thrive in the swamplands, they can be recruited for cheap.[/quote]

shouldnt that be for Flattan rol instead Thikken dal. Since Flatten rol is all sawmp while Thikken dal is all forest .
Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan kreiger View Post
Unit Price Adjustments:
-Forest Orcs excel at hit and run tactics, thus the Marauders can be recruited at 50% less cost, since Goblins thrive in the swamplands, they can be recruited for cheap.

shouldnt that be for Flattan rol instead Thikken dal. Since Flatten rol is all swamp while Thikken dal is all forest
Either they mixed up with the description and that part should have been about Flattan Rol, or they mixed up with the description and swamp is supposed to be forest. Take your pick.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Either they mixed up with the description and that part should have been about Flattan Rol, or they mixed up with the description and swamp is supposed to be forest. Take your pick.
very very true...im pretty sure they ment it to say forest or something
Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Think I like the Flattan Rol (spelling?) orcs best. I like this idea of the "mother womb", the birthplace of orcs, fertile and booming with life with orcs there being best connected with earth/nature. It's the orcish Matriarchal Hive so to speak.

Most seem to dismiss them as weak but their unit are cheap and the warg cavalry looks very strong. Not to be underestimated I think.

I do agree that some bonuses/penalties look weird like the swamp thriving goblins mentioned before. Also it looks a little strange that wargs would thrive in swamps rather than forests. I don't see a canine predator doing well in a swamp (normally). Another thing that bothers me a little is that desert orcs get cheaper walls because they lack wood (so they're used to making do with less) while forest orcs also get cheaper walls since they have an abundance of wood. Looks like a contradiction.

Maybe the desert orcs' walls should be weaker since they're made with less wood and are poorer quality.

Of course balance is always a factor.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 07-02-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
Think I like the Flattan Rol (spelling?) orcs best. I like this idea of the "mother womb", the birthplace of orcs, fertile and booming with life with orcs there being best connected with earth/nature. It's the orcish Matriarchal Hive so to speak.

Most seem to dismiss them as weak but their unit are cheap and the warg cavalry looks very strong. Not to be underestimated I think.

I do agree that some bonuses/penalties look weird like the swamp thriving goblins mentioned before. Also it looks a little strange that wargs would thrive in swamps rather than forests. I don't see a canine predator doing well in a swamp (normally). Another thing that bothers me a little is that desert orcs get cheaper walls because they lack wood (so they're used to making do with less) while forest orcs also get cheaper walls since they have an abundance of wood. Looks like a contradiction.

Maybe the desert orcs' walls should be weaker since they're made with less wood and are poorer quality.

Of course balance is always a factor.
Well maybe the warges like the swarms for the mussy texture of the ground so they can relax in and theres lots of other animals in swamps. I agree about the Brakkental orcs walls being weaker though.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

wow only 30 people out of like over 1000 people choose to be orcs...people should get more involved
Old 03-15-2011, 09:25 PM

Durken has a default reputation
Default Oooooorrrrrks in Spaaaaaaace!!!!!

It's good to see orks in many different landscapes besides the stereotypic barren wastelands
Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

deamonkinge has a default reputation

oh man , looks like playing orcs will be realy hard . oh well , ill probs play as flatten dol dudes becuase they are balanced and have a good warg bonus. i wonder if wargs could beat humna cavalry in a fight?