Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXII - Homelands of Gokkholm - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first orc settlement?
Brakental 13 20.31%
Flattan Rol 14 21.88%
Thikken Dal 15 23.44%
Why would I ever play Orcs? 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
To bad you don´t have a good screen of the brakental fort walls. Big deciding point for me to is how their stronghold will look.
I don't have that stronghold any more, but I believe I might have a walled shot somewhere on my pc of an earlier town. If not, I'll post you a screenshot of the Brakental menu screen.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Will the menu screen pix be attainable for strongholds or would they be considered eye candy only?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

4th option for me says it all.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

bikkebakke has a default reputation

Brakental! I'm going to play as purebread orcs...

Flattan Rol orcs cant fight :/ and Thikken dal orcs primary weapon is bows and arrows.

pff real orcs engage in melee combat. (but ill play as human first >.<)

Last edited by bikkebakke : 04-17-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikkebakke View Post
Brakental! I'm going to play as purebread orcs...

Flattan Rol orcs cant fight :/ and Thikken dal orcs primary weapon is bows and arrows.

pff real orcs engage in melee combat. (but ill play as human first >.<)
Yeah, Brakental has its advantages, but still when they´r under siege they won´t only suck bad, but with the worst walls of the 3 areas you´ll really have a hard time winning that fight.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Orc walls may not be the sturdiest but when those spiked gates come crashing down, your attacker is in for a world of hurt.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Reading this after reading the human ones makes orcs seem like a weaker race.

Brakental has Beefy units which is what orcs are about, but at the same time being on foot i'd assume even with the speed bonuses they're slower than mounted units. I could see their strength being totally negated by archer micromanagement and cavalry routing tactics. Add to that their inferior defenses and town layouts, I could see them getting harassed to no end, especially by cavalry armies. Add to that their lack of ability in sieges and life seems very questionable for these orcs.

Flattan Rol seems fairly well balanced but also like they could easily fall behind enemies in research putting them too far below in technology, which could be devastating. It seems like they'd need a healthy trade agreement set up with Brakental orcs at the very least. But they seem okay

Thikken Dal seem like half elf half human, they have ranged, but could they really stand up to elves? They have good defenses to go with the archers, but as the designated "siege orcs" would they have meaty enough armies to withstand something like human cavalry bearing down on their siege position?

In short, Brakental seems like a high level of difficulty, and possibly inferior as a race against skilled players. Flattan Rol moderate difficulty, but not up to spec with something like humans, still it could be a good balance. Thikken Dal seems like orcs that couldn't quite cut it as elves but easy difficulty to play.

That being said, i'm thinking Brakental (but I really despise the thought of not being able to compete with skilled players), or Flattan Rol where I think I can compete with dedication. Thikken Dal just seems like an Elven nightmare.

It's hard to tell without factoring everything like the base strength of the units etc. so maybe i'm way off here, only 1 way to find out.

Last edited by Aametherar : 04-17-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

I´m actually wondering. in Brakental you hardly have ranged capabilities because of the area they are in. doesn´t that also mean that attacking ranged units will get a debuff in that particular area? because that way Brakental would still be able to at least offer a sort of suitable defense.

althought yes brakental is more offensive then it is defense, but say if elven players would attack brakental orcs, who have the best archers in-game, while brakental has no ranged capabilities at all, lets just say that it would getting really messy on the orc side
Old 04-17-2010, 03:40 PM

Argargeroth has a default reputation
Thumbs up

Desert Orcs all the way!! They seem like the way an orc army should operate.
They might not be the best fortress builders, but why wait for the fight to come to you, when you can go to them and take what you need?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

bikkebakke has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Yeah, Brakental has its advantages, but still when they´r under siege they won´t only suck bad, but with the worst walls of the 3 areas you´ll really have a hard time winning that fight.
ooh but winning the battles will be all the sweeter then It's not fun to have it too easy I'll just have to micromanage my army as hell to compensate for the lack of archery, go behind enemy lines and flank them etc etc, atleast they got decent cavalry :/