Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How Much Will The Game Be And Will There Be Monthly Payment? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want this game to be a one time payment or a monthly payment?
One time 130 87.84%
Monthly 18 12.16%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

When DoF finally gets released, it will be super addictive running your online empire sort of. If you had to pay for it weekly/monthly, would not only be cruel but also really bad idea, because you might lose most to all your customers.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Id honestly prefer monthly. Yea its more money (granted the same amount for me cause i would pay for dof rather than one of the MMOs i play now) but more money means supporting the devs more, giving them better salary's and also giving them extra resources to put twards new and better content. IMO monthly games are 9 out of 10 times better than one-time-pay or micro trans. games.

Last edited by Unen : 04-16-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

sumo0 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unen View Post
Id honestly prefer monthly. Yea its more money (granted the same amount for me cause i would pay for dof rather than one of the MMOs i play now) but more money means supporting the devs more, giving them better salary's and also giving them extra resources to put twards new and better content. IMO monthly games are 9 out of 10 times better than one-time-pay or micro trans. games.
my thoughts exactly! i by far prefer monthly payment to ensure future support.
devs, will it be possible to suport DOF with 1 time pay like other monthly payed MMO's are supported? will it be supported like the typical MMO's?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo0 View Post
my thoughts exactly! i by far prefer monthly payment to ensure future support.
devs, will it be possible to suport DOF with 1 time pay like other monthly payed MMO's are supported? will it be supported like the typical MMO's?
the one problem i see with monthly payment is that my town sells no gamecards to anything but wow... ITS TERRIBLE... thats why i like one time pay because paying over Internet is not possible for someone like me without a job...
Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
the one problem i see with monthly payment is that my town sells no gamecards to anything but wow... ITS TERRIBLE... thats why i like one time pay because paying over Internet is not possible for someone like me without a job...
I feel your pain
Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

that's when you ask your parents to use there credit or debit card to pay for your time, and if your like me and don't wanna ask your parents you could always go get a job, that's what i just did for eve online, just got my first paycheck Thursday, and im going to start paying for time.
what i used to do for playing is that i would buy game time cards from in-game eve online currency ( Isk ). it would cost me around 300million isk to buy 30 days of playing time, and in eve u can make 300 million in a few days depending on your skills ect. and they support this buy haveing people buy the time cards online, and that player sells it to another for isk, this way the people that have money can earn more isk, and the people that dont can still play EvE.
i think a system like this is a very good one and DOF should adopt something very similiar
Old 04-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
that's when you ask your parents to use there credit or debit card to pay for your time, and if your like me and don't wanna ask your parents you could always go get a job, that's what i just did for eve online, just got my first paycheck Thursday, and im going to start paying for time.
Getting a job isn't really that easy. i've tried looking for work for some time now, but most employers only want people with work experience, which of course you need a job for in order to get
Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Given the average age of the people on these forums, from what I can see at least, paying monthly subscriptions could prove to be a problem, as for getting a job, that's always hard, not everyone can just get hired whenever they want to. Also, credit cards and debit cards are mostly an american thing, if you have lots of european players, they most likely will not have those things, as paying for things around here is done mainly by cash.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I see points in monthly payment - as far as for the devs and the game itself goes.

But for myself - monthly games end up costing huge amounts to the player in the long run. I think any online gamer can attest to that.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

And it also raises the same issue that I have with Xbox Live - I might want to play it at either sporadic points or only for a week or so, in which case the payment is wasted.