Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XXI - The Elven Archers - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Very nice seems to me like the Ai is far better then most games if they are taking counter measures. So Kodos for the team who put that together. intresting also that the mix is so important when facing enemy's as most games if you have enough archers you can kill anything So good job on that too.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Kodos for the team who put that together.
Yes, the team deserves epic moun... oh, kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
intresting also that the mix is so important when facing enemy's as most games if you have enough archers you can kill anything So good job on that too.
Aye, I'm also happy to see that you can only damage the enemies with range. Though I'd be interested to see what a mix of Human Crossbows and bows could do, as the Crossbows also can act as auxiliary footmen. They'd probably get absolutely wrecked by any heavy troops that came at them, but it would do well against light infantry.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Aye, I'm also happy to see that you can only damage the enemies with range. Though I'd be interested to see what a mix of Human Crossbows and bows could do, as the Crossbows also can act as auxiliary footmen. They'd probably get absolutely wrecked by any heavy troops that came at them, but it would do well against light infantry.
You know that if there were a crossie/archer group then if the archers are equipped with longbows they should have not problem against anything but flank attacks... Archers are the most overpowering thing in all of the ancient realms, just watch the robin hood movies... And then think about 2 k robin hood coming down at you, that would mean total slaughter even for the most battle hardened armies...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
You know that if there were a crossie/archer group then if the archers are equipped with longbows they should have not problem against anything but flank attacks... Archers are the most overpowering thing in all of the ancient realms, just watch the robin hood movies... And then think about 2 k robin hood coming down at you, that would mean total slaughter even for the most battle hardened armies...
Fortunately, Robin Hood was an overpowered hero, the kind of which will not exist in DoF.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Fortunately, Robin Hood was an overpowered hero, the kind of which will not exist in DoF.
that is because we can't train the units perfectly, think of it like a lvl 10 archer platoon from bfme 2 against a lvl 1 swordsman platoon. Who wins? the awesome archers and they will win for some time forward. Robin hood is awesome because he knows the bow, the bow can be used with incredible accuracy but noone even thinks about using a bow with aiming them. I mean EVEN I can hit a target 10 m away, so why can't the ones in games do the same? They should be the most awesome soldiers ever fielded, noone can beat archers even if they wanted to... Ok then another group that everyone knows XO The rangers of ithilien awesome archers and so-so swordsmen, they could fight and were awesome however think about it if they came down on you with a million troops and you got a million troops as well. Who would win? Its like the spartans only with better troops
Old 04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I'm very surprised to see elves using fire as a weapon when it harms the land. Turtles must be drooling over this mode.

Last edited by Aametherar : 04-12-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
that is because we can't train the units perfectly, think of it like a lvl 10 archer platoon from bfme 2 against a lvl 1 swordsman platoon. Who wins? the awesome archers and they will win for some time forward. Robin hood is awesome because he knows the bow, the bow can be used with incredible accuracy but noone even thinks about using a bow with aiming them. I mean EVEN I can hit a target 10 m away, so why can't the ones in games do the same? They should be the most awesome soldiers ever fielded, noone can beat archers even if they wanted to... Ok then another group that everyone knows XO The rangers of ithilien awesome archers and so-so swordsmen, they could fight and were awesome however think about it if they came down on you with a million troops and you got a million troops as well. Who would win? Its like the spartans only with better troops
I get your point - range has always been an issue with RTS for one simple reason:

The map is not big enough to have a realistic range and LOS. Otherwise archers would be much more powerful at such close ranges. Case closed.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
I'm very surprised to see elves using fire as a weapon when it harms the land. Turtles must be drooling over this mode.
Their fiery arrows will not start any wildfires.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
They got blue fire
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

crispyg29 has a default reputation

i just love archers any game that has them in it i always just recruit a army of them they will always win the day for me