Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Though I am sure that many of those tactics will still apply. While some are created to take advantage of elements within those particular games, others are functional and useful in them because they are in real life. It is this group of tactics that will be applicable in DoF. I think I might make a list of them. I like the sound of it : "Sound Strategies for the Conquest of Mythador, by Negthareas Co Starring Blackfang".
more like it
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

wow, black didnt realise u were content with being a sidekick
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Seriously though Blackfang, maybe that is something we could develop. It would add a unique aspect to the forum, since, after the game comes out, the forum will become a little more - "how do I do this or that?" instead of conversation on the game itself. Projects like this would focus attention and continue to give this website a purpose and game-centered perspective.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

I think the total war series would be hard to use as reference for tatics for this game. Total war takes into consideration what position your is being attacked(each causing different amount of damage), DOF doesn't. For instance, in total war, flanking enemy units with horses and charging back or side will cause masive damage(DOF dosen't have this). The total war series tries to use real tactics in their games. Also in total war you are trying to route the enemy(mostly) and I don't know if enemies will route on a large scale like that in DOF.

I believe DOF will reflect AOE style, but will some total war.

I do like the idea of setting up a tactics guide.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Routing sure makes it easier to run enemies down tho
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Total war takes into consideration what position your is being attacked(each causing different amount of damage), DOF doesn't.
The nature of continuous MMORTS gameplay with your battalions gaining experience, levels and skills - makes some Total War tactics too punishing to be applied in DoF. We believe that player would hate to see their level 10 archer battalion (that you`ve been upgrading and fighting with for the past couple of days) get completely owned by a rear charge.

Quote:
Routing sure makes it easier to run enemies down tho
Routing we are keeping - but in DoF the loosing player will actually be happy to see his battalions route. In fact you`ll want to improve routing of your units by upgrading their Intelligence skill. Going back to the above example - if Cavalry battalion does take our most of your level 10 archer battalion, you want them to run away to fight another day...

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 04-06-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hmm sounds like some good points here. On another note...will I be able to fight 3 or 4 battles a day or will 1-2 be the max due to healing constraints etc?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
wow, black didnt realise u were content with being a sidekick
Well its not like i want any responsibilities if i do anything, blame it on him if it goes wrong. However i want the honor of helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
I think the total war series would be hard to use as reference for tatics for this game. Total war takes into consideration what position your is being attacked(each causing different amount of damage), DOF doesn't. For instance, in total war, flanking enemy units with horses and charging back or side will cause masive damage(DOF dosen't have this). The total war series tries to use real tactics in their games. Also in total war you are trying to route the enemy(mostly) and I don't know if enemies will route on a large scale like that in DOF.

I believe DOF will reflect AOE style, but will some total war.

I do like the idea of setting up a tactics guide.
You don't always focus on getting the enemy to rout... There really is no use getting large armies to rout if you play campaign, thats where you want to focus on killing all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Seriously though Blackfang, maybe that is something we could develop. It would add a unique aspect to the forum, since, after the game comes out, the forum will become a little more - "how do I do this or that?" instead of conversation on the game itself. Projects like this would focus attention and continue to give this website a purpose and game-centered perspective.
Sure thing, i am with ya

Last edited by blackfang : 04-07-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

It depends on the situation you are in. Most of the time you won't kill all of the enemy units. Also if you are at a disadvantage with unit size, you wont try to kill all of the enemies, as you will worry more on routing them(did this when I was out numbered).

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
It depends on the situation you are in. Most of the time you won't kill all of the enemy units. Also if you are at a disadvantage with unit size, you wont try to kill all of the enemies, as you will worry more on routing them(did this when I was out numbered).
If i loose in numbers i try many different ways. Hopefully to kill most units i don't really care if they rout normally but i care if they rout on campaign map because then they will haunt me, that is no fun so i try killing off all i can i don't care if i loose the army... The only places where i will allow routing is in city/village battles and multiplayer, else i will annihilate the enemy no MATTER THE COST don't let the enemy rise again Because if i have to annihilate my own army to kill them all then so be it, Total slaughter or Total assimilation is my way