The Last Airbender - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
Would have been better if it was rated R. See katara make an ice cycle go through a firebenders head. Or Toph crushing a firebender with her earthbending and blood goes everywhere
I disagree. Part of the reason the series was so successful is that it never took itself too seriously. It was always at least partly light-hearted (though less so in the last episodes). Besides, the target audience is the same as the series - kids.

Perhaps by the final movie it might even reach M (earthbending can get pretty painful sometimes). But for now, PG/PG13 is good.

Quote:
It would be best if it were rated BE (Bad for Everyone).
What are you trying to say here? If you don't like ATLA, you don't have to post here.

Again, can't say how excited I am for this movie
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
I disagree. Part of the reason the series was so successful is that it never took itself too seriously. It was always at least partly light-hearted (though less so in the last episodes). Besides, the target audience is the same as the series - kids.

Perhaps by the final movie it might even reach M (earthbending can get pretty painful sometimes). But for now, PG/PG13 is good.
I meant that as a joke. I am a big fan of the series (I'm about to start watching it again). I don't mind the rating, I just hope they present the story and the characters well.

One thing, mostly don't take what I say serious. I just like to say random s*&t for fun.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
I don't mind the rating, I just hope they present the story and the characters well.
Amen to that

Quote:
One thing, mostly don't take what I say serious. I just like to say random s*&t for fun.
I'll keep that in mind.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

I watched the movie, very good, except some of the acting wasnt the greatest in the entire world, but most were, and a couple of the characters i wouldnt of chosen, but thats my personal opinion, definatly worth going to the theatre to see, oh and freakin amazing effects, especially the water efects, i was impressed wiht those
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM

FishMG has a default reputation

I can not say that I have ever watched the series or read the books. I saw the previews and looked interesting.

I went to watch the movie and I think they did a pretty good job of it. The effects were well done. Looks like it should be a good set of movies if the following follow format.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMG View Post
I can not say that I have ever watched the series or read the books. I saw the previews and looked interesting.

I went to watch the movie and I think they did a pretty good job of it. The effects were well done. Looks like it should be a good set of movies if the following follow format.
ya i think the sequels will be good

and they surprisingly stuck to the actual story of the cartoon series, ofc they had to leave some stuff out, but that got most of the important stuff in
Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 AM

macrylinda has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Well - Eragon was an epic fail because they left the book's script. If they had followed it closely, it would have been a much better movie - [showing Galbatorix - what were they thingking? Part of the reason why he is scary is because no buddy knows what he looks like]

I am looking forward to the hobbit. It will be interesting to see how they take the children's story and turn it into a movie for all audiences.

The airbender looks like it holds great promise. However, I am worried about the plot. Without plot everything falls apart no matter how big the armies are, how magical the main characters, how beautiful the women, or how awesome the special effects [the one exception was Avatar - it was decent or good in my opinion because the superb special effects somewhat made up for a cliche plot]. If the airbender can avoid those errors, it will be epic. And if it avoids errors because it was a tv show.
Maybe it will be broken up into a trilogy. The first movie is about the first book, second movie book 2, third movie book 3.

That would be the only way for the series to be summed up decently.

The series is amazing and I hope the moives doesn't f@#$ it up.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I watched this movie few days ago and it was quite ok. The only thing that bugged me were some strange, stupid and unrealistic dialogs between character and that girl (watterbender-forgot name) bugged main character ALL the time x.x (like calling his name all the time while he tries to do some things.... )-that was beyond bearable to watch and hear =). I havent seen cartoons or book so cant comment on that.
What about you ppl, liked it?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

What I always hear about Eragon that if you have read the book you think it sucked and if you havent (and like the genre) its an ok-movie.

I thought it was an ok movie.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 AM

tivin123 has a default reputation

In my opinion, anime is better than the movie. Movie is too slow, but special effects are nice