Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Ancient Lore of Mythador - help? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub > Lore, Fan Fiction, & Fan Art
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success
Default Ancient Lore of Mythador - help?

Ok - I am taking my story and rewriting it so as to correlate with Mythador. I was wondering about some specifics in lore. I know that I might not be able to know.

Can I have a bit more info on the "ancient spirit" thingamabobs? Also on relations between dwarves and elves. Also, anything on the strife between Daghbor and Menthorn. Also name of river and lake south of Bonten.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

What do you mean by ancient spirits? The spirits of the Nhob'ru forests? Dagbor, Menthorn... long story but there's some information in the homelands post. The Menthorn were more of a force in the SPCampaign, which was cut but we will try to include it post-release. They're mentioned in the MMORTS but it's used mostly to refer to enemy human players, sort of a propaganda to encourage PvP warfare. Menthorn and Dagbor have fought for the kingship of Teria since the beginning of time. While Dagbor successfully claimed it with support of the neighboring strongholds, Menthorn has never truly accepted its rule.

I won't tell you too much so I don't spoil the future spcampaign, but I'll tell you about the first real encounter with the Menthorns. The Dagbor army under Prince Erian entered a small town they had been to a hundred times before, but from the look on the peasants' faces, they knew something was different. Soon, a battalion of Menthorn soldiers came out of the barracks and sounded the bell, warning of an impending attack. More Menthorn soldiers showed up and surrounded Erian's troops. The Menthorns proclaim that this town is no longer a holding of Dagbor and claim that they rescued the town from the tyranny of the Dagbor king Hamilon, which Erian refutes. After seeing Erian, the peasants join him and they rebel against the Menthorns. The Menthorns greatly outnumber them but Erian's men are much stronger and slaughter dozens of them. However, one of Erian's heroes dies in this battle. Erian tries to escape through the main gate but the Menthorns get to it first and close it, forcing Erian to find a new escape, from which he flees into the forests. You can hear the now-mounted Menthorns gaining on your troops and you will soon face a small cavalry battle in a forest clearing. After the remaining Menthorns retreat, you will head to Dagbor to make sure Erian remains safe. And this battle and taking of the first village sets up the future events as the Menthorn traitors finally take a stand, recruit human villages, and lay their claim on strongholds of Teria, including the prized capitol of Dagbor.

Dwarves, elves... historic enemies. Two hundred years ago, in the Dwarven-Elven War or the War of Nord, the elves took up their last stands on the northern shores of Nhob'ru, which was flooded from the melting snow of the dwarven mountains. Faced with the raging sea on one side and the horde of technologically-superior dwarves on the other, the elves had nowhere to turn but the forests along the shorelines. And they have dwelled in these forests ever since.

As for the geography... no idea.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hey Negthareas, if you create a great story perhaps you can rewrite some of the somewhat "vague" history and or geography in Mythador. Good luck with your endeavors.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

It would be more interesting if the fan base made their own fiction and have it placed on the "refridgerator" as a secondaru subplot ;p.

I'm guessing you don't HAVE to include the main plot at all if it does not fit with what you want.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I think a mix of fan made and plotted ideas would be good. could even be included in an expansion if your ideas are good enough and run with ideas already in the heads of the devs.

Good luck anyway for your story sounds like your putting alot of effot into it and im sure it will be great
Old 03-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Yeah thanks for the input guys. I will come up with names for the river and lake. Should be done with the revision by next weekend.

I was thinking of the ancient spirits that put Mythador in order [ more of how things came to be] thing.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Getting there - I will be a little creative concerning viewpoints of the vairous races towards each-other. I just have to fill in some names:

They begin with-

D________
B________
F________
E________

Once I have those, I need to tweak a few things, and the story will be ready.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Dorothy
Bit
Finns
Eagle

Dead
Boy
Filled
Emptiness

Dull
Blade
Fetched
Ears

Dork
Bought
Fraud
Eggs

Let me guess that these will be some of the names? At least one is right... Right?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Ok Blackfang - 4 of the names will appear in the story, though I may give them a little imaginitive tweaking.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
Ok Blackfang - 4 of the names will appear in the story, though I may give them a little imaginitive tweaking.
You know it was a joke? Anyways i like Blade, Finn, well thats the only real names that would be cool