Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XVII - Homelands of Teria - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first human settlement?
Southmont 30 33.71%
The Rollingplain 11 12.36%
The Wold 21 23.60%
Don't make me laugh - I would never stoop low enough to command the inferior race of man! 27 30.34%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

One thing for all the turtles to keep in mind - while DoF doesn`t penalize turtling, it doesn`t reward it. You want to be out there - visiting local villages and mercenary camps, fighting various PvE battles, fighting other players, questing and trading - it`s the best way to quickly acquire resources.

Also keep in mind Rollingplain can put our mass sword and shield infantry, that are really efficient against ranged units during castle siege/defense.

Of-course no question about it - Rollingplain players will be better of laying siege in team with another player, who`ll cover the siege equipment. But having large cavalry force, allows pretty good raiding in PvE, on top of that Rollingplain offers plenty of gold - so it`s possible to buy some wood and siege equipment.

We tried to balance it out
Old 03-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hmm I'm really impressed with the amount of thought that the devs have put into balancing both city spacing as well as the trading idea for needed resources. Very typical of RL trading. This may break the mold for well balanced and entertaining. I can't remember a game that sounded better as the date approached.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Maybe give them better trebuchets or something because they have to build them more efficiently due to a lack of wood.
You do have a point, I guess having to import siege equipment is tad tedious. I think we`ll give a boost to rollingplain rams, perhaps more hp/attack and +60% gold cost, -60% wood cost kinda deal.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Being an orc player I definitely see the rollingplains players being the largest threat. Not just because the way orc cities are set up, but because I also see the best players being able to use extremely deadly harassment tactics with those mounts (which i guess does go doubly so vs orc cities). I don't see many experienced players even being turtles up in the mountains, so they may even get a visit from me from time to time.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I'll go for the most picturesque - it's got to be Rolling Plains, with that mill <3
Actually, this game really looks like a medieval Company of Heroes - the starting hall reinforces this, and the neat, precise graphics. Love it!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

If the pikes are there i can play anything, NEED PIKES!!! However if there are any races without pikes i will never play em... Pikes is a must to EVERY race, so i can't wait the world!!! I will turtle up, make a huge pike based army. Then my slow moving heavily armored army will take down any harassing horsies! Also if archers dare to come near me i will personally make sure that they get the same treatment as suicide bombers get at the point of blast
Old 03-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
personally make sure that they get the same treatment as suicide bombers get at the point of blast
Hmm bad joke, but good point. Spearmen are needed for balance.
If were to play humans, and that's a big if, I would play Plains humans, Cavalry FTW.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days --

I picked Rolling Plains before I even read the FanFry.

1 - I wanted inter-race interaction
2 - I liked the weather

Now that I have read it and the posts, I totally agree with my decision. I think most people perferred Southmount because, being currently unfamilior with the game, most would want to turtle first thing. Then, they will eventually stick their heads out. Advanced players who are willing to take risks will settle in other areas and be ready with an ax once the turtles begin to stick their heads out.

SMACK!!

Rollingplains it is. Go Cavalry. And cheap infantry.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Can't wait to see the orc lands. I see a bonus to speed of Mount spawns, Bonuses to peon/laborer spawns, and unit count bonuses in our future ^^.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
IF you want huge walls - could be done as well - mass wheat farm, collect food, sell food at Dagbor during winter (they pay the most I think 1.7 gold during summer, and 2.5 during winter) - and bring back caravans loaded with stone.
This trading system looks just so in-depth and amazingly detailed that I just gawk at some of the things you say. This just looks so awesome that I am really really excited for this game.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)