Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XVII - Homelands of Teria - Page 13 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you plan to build your first human settlement?
Southmont 30 33.71%
The Rollingplain 11 12.36%
The Wold 21 23.60%
Don't make me laugh - I would never stoop low enough to command the inferior race of man! 27 30.34%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
or they could implant it now
Look i want the game asap, dont make the devs do more aswome work They have a schedual you know..
Old 03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

As I said before, I think the reason so many players pick Southmount is this: they know that they will be unfamilior with the game, so their first reaction is "safety" - mountain castles with streams in front sount good for turtling, so they pick Southmount.

I have no clue who I am going to start as in the MMORTS first. I intend to do all three - I imagine that, even though this is mmoRTS, there will get to a point at your homecities and trade caravans where waiting will not hurt you too much. Also, think - If you are online, your caravans and you can get attacked.

Therefore, if you can maximize the effects created by a minimum of time, you could very easily play the three different civilizations at once.

Also, about chatting - is that world chat? I know that on Evony, world chat goes by so fast you can't even read it or reply to anything. I hope the chat will have lots of settings.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

crispyg29 has a default reputation

ya i agree because i know both of my friends who are wanting this game plan on just defending and never attacking because lets face it majority of ppl like defending more than attacking
Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

My natural instincts were 'Ohhhh shiney castle>everything else' so southmont would have been perfect then i read into it a bit more and decided i'd rather start off where i can experience all aspects of play before dedicating my self to eaither defender/attacker/farmer. Then i shall use my other spots to do what i think i prefer and test my combanations, thus not cutting off vital early experience in any aspect so i can change tatics and stragities to suite.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

If I went human, I'd gravitate towards Rollingplain. I'd take less expensive footmen, macemen, and Calv any day, and with extra fast calvary, momentum shouldn't be as much as a problem. I'll be able to take a huge economic monopoly on trading goods: gold to Southmount for the extra food I'd need, not to mention raking in tons of timber from the mine-scarce wold.

I'm extremely surprised people aren't going for the the Rollingplain. I think the food is scaring them away, but trading will take care of that.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Meh i was hoping to see trees with less and less leaves or coming back on it and also going grass from green to brownish and vice versa =/.
But summer should be at least 6 (5?) days and winter 2 since snowless are usually 3 seasons and snow just winter.
We may change it - personally I like the summer setting much more.
But the four seasons aren't universal. Many climates only experience one or two distinct seasons. Utah, for example, is unpredictable and lacks a distinct Spring or Fall - it went from six inches of snow a couple days ago to 60 degrees the next day, and we often experience snow in late April and September. Other cultures, like the Celts, celebrate five distinct seasons. And considering Mythador isn't in our universe, they could have completely different weather patterns.

Quote:
Also, about chatting - is that world chat? I know that on Evony, world chat goes by so fast you can't even read it or reply to anything. I hope the chat will have lots of settings.
In-game, you can either chat with a select individual or with your closest neighbors, but you will have to be in the lobby to world chat, I do believe.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

Chatting with neighbors will probably be what I do the most.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
In-game, you can either chat with a select individual or with your closest neighbors, but you will have to be in the lobby to world chat, I do believe.
Thanks for letting me know! If there is any chance of - alliances/guilds, etc - will they be added on as extra chat features? Also, I am assuming you can chat privately with people.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Yeah, you can chat privately and, most likely, with your guild mates.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

Guild chat was almost a given I assumed. Almost every MMO out there had some form of Guild chat.