Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Aametherars signatures - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

well, ever figured out that the elite member have ghosted this forum a lot and posted sometimes, i started here long time ago but did not decide to post anything until a few weeks ago. Anyways its what i read somewhere, they said that they were done giving out elite member thingie
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

To clarify: would you like the other thread to be deleted? You never actually specified.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Oh, yeah puppet, thanks! No sense in wasting space (=. Anyone else here make sigs?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Elite members have the rep system working the same as normal members, The pips display your rep. You do not earn elite membership by having good rep, the elite members were picked from among prominent members of the DOF forums as another line of defense against future spam and such that will occur closer to release.
Elite members have often earned their place as such by pointing out to staff/mods where spam, flaming, etc has occured. Elite members have responsibility to point out things that are harmful/breach the code of conduct, however they get no special allowances for this, they are no more important than anyone else.

Also although elite members do have the ability to have sigs, if they are unacceptable then these privelages will be removed. Many elite members do not use sigs though (But to be fair, im not sure many have the skills of Aametherar, no offence guys!!! )
Old 03-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Elite Member

I've seen some awesome sigs around with animated reflective water and decided to give it a shot. I have 4 techniques lined up I want to learn them all to figure out what's best for me and what's best for what. Needless to say here's my first attempt. The picture dimensions ended up where I had to zoom out so much for a forum sig the water didn't turn out the way I planned and moves much too violently, but like I said first attempt.

I also tried this one, but without a waterline connecting to land i'm unhappy with the results, plus I don't like the way the ripples themselves turned out as they don't fit right with the picture. But again I was more experimenting than trying to perfect it at this point.

Like I said i've seen a few here and there, they're not too common, but this is the latest one I saw that finally made me say "you know what, i'm gonna go learn to do that". As you can see I have a lot of work to do before I come up with anything that looks as good as this one.

Last edited by Aametherar : 03-07-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Those looked pretty good, still. I think you show definite potential. this is coming from a person who would stand a 0% chance of doing anthing remotely similar. I think the first two were okay, but had definite problems.

The first on did not move enough, the second one moved too much, too regularly.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Elite Member

I think anyone who tried could learn it, everything i've learned regarding photo manipulation and the use of art programs was self taught. Also thanks, realistic looking water has been a plague on artists for a long time, from drawings, to movies, to computer games.

P.S. Before anyone tries to count the flakes, there's 5,000.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I think part of the problem with your second one was that you started with a picture of water - it already had ripples. Thus, when you added the ripple effect, the stationary ripples make it look messed up. In the third picture, thare are no statinary ripples, just the rippling reflection.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Elite Member

I agree 100% I noticed it after the fact (the large one was actually created first). It's something i'll pay attention to more in the future. Plus the ripples are going in different directions which makes it look even more odd.

This one's somewhere just north of 50,000 snowflakes, just for the hell of it.

Note:I didn't do the image itself just the flakes because I thought it would be funny and was taking a little break.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Elite Member

2 more from my "water project". I think they look much better.

Also one I made for myself and a friend.