Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Music system - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation
Default Music system

If possible and if you feel like its a good idea, make the game so that players can also have their own songs in the background so that we can listen to what we want (a play-list in game for village/battle/quests) It would be awesome listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50p-XScreM while burning down a town!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Wow, this is a great idea, I remember older games had an option like this using the cd-rom as a player...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I was sure that you'd link Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback there.
I wonder if this would integrate well - I'd certainly enjoy this feature!
Anyway, slightly redundant, I'd prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9502OhMe7Q.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

my favorite nickleback song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kM2YRdw0Fw its currently my favorite song, but burn it to the ground sounds good too
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

tbh, if u wanted to play your own music while playing wouldnt turning of game music and putting on your own media player on over it be an easier solution rather than having the devs make a complicated solution (compaired to the other)
Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Anyway, slightly redundant, I'd prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9502OhMe7Q.
Hehe it would be a cool feature...

Puppy... a million thanks to you!!! An Apocalyptica song i have not encountered as of yet and its epic!!!! I love Apocalyptica!!
Much of what they do could be integrated to games well too i think (it may be the lack of vocals, but mostly the style i think)
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
I was sure that you'd link Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback there.
Sorry Puppeteer but in case you haven't heard, a pickle is more popular than Nickelback.

Having some Emerald Sword by Rhapsody would be pretty epic however. Great suggestion!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

nickson, I have all of their albums <3
HolyPollo, they are very popular... that's why they're considered more mainstream. In any case, I wasn't endorsing them, only referring to blackfang's choice of words.
welshie the problem is that their you would be running another programme, taking up more system resources - WMP caused major lag on my newer games (when I played them), and always lagged online.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
nickson, I have all of their albums <3
HolyPollo, they are very popular... that's why they're considered more mainstream. In any case, I wasn't endorsing them, only referring to blackfang's choice of words.
welshie the problem is that their you would be running another programme, taking up more system resources - WMP caused major lag on my newer games (when I played them), and always lagged online.
That probably has more to do with that iteration of WMP being terrible. I run WMP in the background and don't get framerate lag with DoF or any other games come to think of it, I know there were some conflicting software issues with some games but in general I'm pretty sure it's not just how much resources WMP takes up.

Or you could just use a greasemonkey script to loop playlists/single songs from say, youtube. Edit: This is what I've started doing almost exclusively, it's easier and cheaper.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 02-22-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyPollo View Post
Having some Emerald Sword by Rhapsody would be pretty epic however. Great suggestion!
I was hoping someone would say this.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)