Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Undead Race Please - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM

valentine82 has a default reputation
Default Undead Race Please

Undead do not have to be mindless zombies or mindless skeletons, they could be powerful Liches, Vampires, Necromancers, Ghosts and Specters, ect. They could harvest life for life energy (food) and timber for a variety of reasons. They could be tormented by their undeath, or revel in it, they could be evil, neutral, perhaps even good. They could be horribly persecuted victims of the living, or life hating abominations.

Imagine being animated with a flicker of consciousness and forced to kill your loved ones. Imagine finding yourself unable to die until a great injustice is righted. Imagine being an intellectual disgusted by human stupidity and finding a way to cheat death. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by valentine82 : 02-24-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

I actually prefer the "horde of mindless zombies" notion.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

We have had a massive conversation about this previously, but it was an interesting conversation so continue

Previously the generally accepted idea was that perhaps the undead should rely heavily on their mages who would 'create' units through necromancy and other such arcane arts. They should be mindless but co-ordinated, obeying the will of their masters. Of course powerful units such as the lich would not be mindless...
This would make an emphasis on keeping your hierachy alive, you wouldnt want a master to die and lose control of his puppets...

Some of the suggested units for the race were:
Skeletons, Zombies, Vampires, Lichs, perhaps skeletal dragons/wyvern and so on the list goes...
One suggestion for unit formation was to use what was left on the battlefield, if you slayed a dragon you would then be able to reanimate it for example... But i think that would impair the undead growth as a race, making it less fun for the player
Old 02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I can see why you made this topic, however the intention of the original topic was a mistake and the topic has progressed into an ideas thread. So please, use the other topic for your ideas.
In any case, the Undead are one of my favourites too