Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How many actual MMORTS games have you played? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How many MMORTS have you under your belt?
Whats MMORTS? 3 2.91%
None 30 29.13%
1 16 15.53%
2-4 30 29.13%
5-8 8 7.77%
Many, many more..I am so weary... 16 15.53%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
LOL. Does EVONY count?
*shudders*
Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Since I don't count games that I tried but ended up not liking and only played for a week or two - none. I don't think a single game has done the MMORTS genre justice before now.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
How? are there so many MMORTS's or you just call every single browser based game to a MMORTS ?
no im not calling browsers games mmorts but im counting my rts as well as my mmo's ^^ since there are only like 4-5 mmorts.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Normal rts don't count. I do admit that Evony has a lot of features that could be improved.

Actually on second thought, Evony is MMO but it is definitely not RTS. My bad.

Last edited by Negthareas : 02-21-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Well..if travian (etc.) doesnt count..probably none. Though ive obviously played my share of online RTS's none were actual MMO's.

Edit: Oh wait I just remembered this game I played for a few days. Confrontation unlimited or something, so one. ^^

Last edited by Supreme : 02-22-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

ohh, i just forgot i reached a number of 6-7 mmorts, thats a lot but i voted for 3-4 because i forgot Silly me
Old 02-22-2010, 04:23 AM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

I tried getting into Dreamlords and it never really happened for me. As for others I've played mostly War III, Starcraft, AoE 3, and Command and Conquer
Old 02-22-2010, 05:03 AM

Justin has a default reputation

Ive tried Saga, Dreamlords, and Battleforge, each for a time, none I really liked, Saga I think was probably the best concept but since you could hardly ever find someone to pvp and if you could they were a way different level, I have never really found a good one, hopefully that changes with dawn of fantasy.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 AM

Vimes has fair reputation

Thanks for the answers all - this is all very interesting. I really should do more broad brush MMORTS articles..

Re evony and such - would you compare that to DoF or Mankind or Saga? Id prefer not to include browser based, more on the basis that that is a debate for another time.

Id like to host such deep debates on general genre issues on my forum but all the activity goes into the forums of games folk are actually playing - one of the bad side effects of just engrossing games and I am sure its why we dont have the same coverage. Why make a movie showing off a strategy/aspect of your methods when you could fiddle more, make more, move units and actually work inside the strat. Maybe we will overcome this when our games have sufficiently complex guilds within them they NEED propaganda films to achieve ingame ends lol.

My reasoning for holding such broad debates on my site would mostly be down to the blood pressure of devs who watch said debates on their forums knowing that folk will have to cite games and aspects that might conflict with the cosy feel they wish to create on their own forums. Sigh. So much to consider..just bloody games innit.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Yes - I would not compare EVONY to DOF at all - I was just brainstorming for something I have done besides online skirmishes.