Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

World Domination - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

That would be so much fun with/without a single player campaign. I would love to conquer the world.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

conquering the world is 1 reason why i love the total war franchise, its like the only game where u actually can
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM

willrockyo1 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
conquering the world is 1 reason why i love the total war franchise, its like the only game where u actually can
I think a system where the starting players had a lot of units (Horde style) and the more advanced players had more upgraded units and more ground to protect would keep most everything balanced so it wouldn't be so discouraging to new players. Like a new player started off with 350 pop but had to surrender 150 to start their first city. They'd get an extra 10 pop per level so soon would make it back to the 350 but now has more ground to protect the more they expand.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrockyo1 View Post
I think a system where the starting players had a lot of units (Horde style) and the more advanced players had more upgraded units and more ground to protect would keep most everything balanced so it wouldn't be so discouraging to new players. Like a new player started off with 350 pop but had to surrender 150 to start their first city. They'd get an extra 10 pop per level so soon would make it back to the 350 but now has more ground to protect the more they expand.
yeh but then it wouldnt be realistic and would make everyone at the company to swich things arround, what your saying would solve it. But players that just starting with 350 troops would be chaos unless this is a new save to play while their other one is going on no one would know what to do. The point that world domination is good to a point but it will never work in a mmo enviroment unless you want everyone to leave in droves.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Ziegler has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
The point that world domination is good to a point but it will never work in a mmo enviroment unless you want everyone to leave in droves.
Never heard of Eve? It's about world domination and has been running for ....years and years.

The one thing you need in an MMO ....to me...is persistance. If you cant take over as much territory as possible, then what's the point of MMO as opposed to just playing matches online?

EDIT: sorry for the necro post...didnt notice how long this thread has been dead.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Naivedo has a default reputation

I agree with Ziegler, what's the point of calling it a MMORTS if everyone is protected by instances? That is not a true MMORTS.

What I want to see if a strong NPC force that defends its homeland when you are offline. A defense force that knows it's land in and out. One that can defend against almost any attack from a force greater then itself but still has a chance of losing. When you get conquered by a greater force, you are forced into no-land mode where you are just rebels against the state until you find a patch of open land that no one is defending and take it. Some of these elements can be found in the latest Romance of the Three Kingdoms games. If you lose all your territory, you are conquered and are forced into being free-agent/rebels that scout out new lands to take over and get a foot hold in unless... you are captured and executed but that doesn't need to be a part of the game.

True warfare should be open and chaotic or it has no reality to it. If I wanted to play a normal RTS match, I would play Starcraft. Give us the MMO in MMORTS.

This reminds me of All Points Bulletin which was one of my latest betas. They called themselves a MMOFPS but lacked MMO. They thought that 10v10 match ups counted as MMO which in my opinion, doesn't. MMO means thousands of people and what makes it great is when things can change under player control. If you want this to be great, don't instance anything.

Of course, what do I know? I haven't played the game yet.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:29 AM

DeliCious has a default reputation

So how is PvP played here and how do you interact with other players?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Axal01 has a default reputation

To be honest Naivedo Ive seen other MMORTS games, They are cheesy graphics, decent concepts but terrible terrible quality and lack of service. Dawn of fantasy is indeed far the best one out. Try googling "MMORTS" and you will see what I mean....
Old 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

kingdominic has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
As far as MMORTS part of the game goes - World Domination will not be possible - just too many reasons it can`t work out.

However, as we`ve mentioned earlier we are hoping (unconfirmed at this point), to include a single-player mode - similar to Battle For Middle Earth world conquest mode - where player would start with a small army and would need to conquer the whole know world, including dozens of NPC towns.
that Awesome!!!!!! let Elfs rule the world
Old 01-23-2011, 01:36 AM

Barca has a default reputation

I really wish that at some point maybe there would be a free reign server where players can pretty much be monsters to each other. This may sound horrible but Nation State building should always be filled with back stabbing and not so civil conduct. But I'm sure that's not the game you guys wanna make.