Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

World Domination - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default World Domination

will world domination be possible in the game? like i know u can only have a certian amount of cities and armies, but what if ur maxed out in ur like 3 cities and 10 armies( just guessing ) and u cant do anything else in the game except defend? will there be a sort of lord vassal thing where if i conquer someone i can tax them and stuff but since im maxed out in cities i cant actually take there city? will u be able to lvl up in some way to where u can have more cities under your
control?
also if its not possible, could or would there be a mode like called world domination where giulds and players all fight over the same world and if u lose a castle thats it your done ( unless u have existing armies and casltes left ). i think that would be cool, 2 massive giulds fighting over power in a world domination server where u can actually lose your caslte permanelty if u lose a batlle
anyway just sorta ranting, sorry for the bad grammer and spelling
Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

sounds nice in theory but i think when u implement it you eventualy have 1 person controling the world bullying everyone who trys to take a teritory.
same prob with the guild idea ^^.
and if i remember correctly you only can have 1 castle (but im not really sure about this)
Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Well world domination cant work i guess and its too harsh for newer players if ppl are offline you cant exercise that domination =P. As for that mod sounds interesting tho it would be nicer if would be 3 guilds ading some extra tactics =) (maybe orcs vs humans vs elves?). Maybe also little smaller world.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 02-20-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

well i mean do this on a completely different server, and there can be many guilds, but it would have to be a guild and not just 1 player, like it would almost be a separate game from single player and the normal online mode, but the stakes are way higher in WD mode, but also the benefits are a lot higher. this would be a game mode for the more dedicated hardcore fans that are ok with losses.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Interesting thoughts - maybe 3 different servers:

Race wars
Guild Wars
MMORTS
Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

As far as I've gathered, this is not possible. Players each have their own unique instances of the world, which means we're more or less playing in separate parallel dimensions. This is pretty well how every conventional MMO works.

Just as no one is allowed to assassinate key political figures (unless it's part of a quest) in World of Warcraft, players in Dawn of Fantasy will never conquer the world or do anything that has significant and permanent repercussions.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Right it wouldn't have to be permanent. It could be set in 2 week cycles or a set time determined by the amount of opponents. In no way should this have a bearing on the general map. More like a specific server or part of the server for such mischief.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

To your statement that once you maxed out everything u have nothing to do, Quests should take their time to complete all of them. Then you got helping other players with quests, socilising and then raiding capitals. And then if you have a good guild and trying to compete competitavily then you have guild vrs guild. hopefully it will be a long time before you start to bore, and if u do you can easily /delete and start from scratch or have fun making maps

As for the world domination thing, bascily this would be impossible to impliment without being elitist and very anti-new players. That and i would fail to see the point that this would feed my hunger for more content and things to do, you would be able to attack them and raid people so that side of the argument that it would give you something to do isnt fesiable. And as for the taxing situation, you have max everything so the point in getting more money when you wouldnt use it?

sorry for mispells and stuff im hugly hungover..
Old 02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

On what is possible in the game, You will only be able to have 1 city I believe, not be able to conquer, only pillage, other players' and npc cities, and the vassal idea could only work in a roundabout fashion, with you attacking them and forcing them to cough up money to pay you or dying.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

As far as MMORTS part of the game goes - World Domination will not be possible - just too many reasons it can`t work out.

However, as we`ve mentioned earlier we are hoping (unconfirmed at this point), to include a single-player mode - similar to Battle For Middle Earth world conquest mode - where player would start with a small army and would need to conquer the whole know world, including dozens of NPC towns.