Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XIII - Darssen Stronghold (Readers' Choice) - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

ash12181987 has fair reputation

We need some plunder and death in those screens...

Awesome looking place though
Old 02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

My kind of city - not real big, but defendable and stable. Can Palisades be destroyed by units[soldiers]? If so, Darssen loses a big advantage as its walls are only palisades.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I would point out that if you burn down all buildings you also burn down the ramp leading to the keep. Wouldn't that be an insta loss for the attacker?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I don't think you can burn down ramsp - those would be made out of stone, right?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Nice screenshots! I really like how awesome you guys are making the game, with the awesome MMO mode and then some great skirmishes. I look forward to seeing more of these awesome skirmishes.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

I never really liked the look of this town, but now I think I'm getting quite attached to it

One thing I noted - in a couple of the screenshots, the defensive upgrades (trebuchets, hoardings etc) are in different positions.

I really is a scenic little town, I'm gonna love wandering about.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
One quick question for here. If I rolled my seige towers up to the cliff could I fire on the wall guarders for the keep?
You'd have trouble reaching a couple, but yeah, you can get the close ones.

Quote:
Since most lower layers are made form wood and grassy stuff ..... can they be burned, i mean whole place up? ..... a harmless elf just wondering ....... =)
I think there's a shot or two in the Stronghold Defense showcase with all the farms and buildings in Darssen's lower level on fire.

Quote:
Can Palisades be destroyed by units[soldiers]? If so, Darssen loses a big advantage as its walls are only palisades.
Nope. The main drawback to palisade walls is that they can't have gates. You just corral the enemy troops into a narrow opening.

Quote:
I would point out that if you burn down all buildings you also burn down the ramp leading to the keep. Wouldn't that be an insta loss for the attacker?
There's no physical ramp... just steep terrain.

Quote:
One thing I noted - in a couple of the screenshots, the defensive upgrades (trebuchets, hoardings etc) are in different positions.
NPC towns start with few wall upgrades and it's up to the player to construct more. So these shots were taken from a couple different matches, and the defense strategy changed from match to match.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 02-12-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Thanks for all the info ^^^
Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
The ramp is natural, just the only way up to the top of the small mountain. As for burning down pallisades as of now no, no type of wall can be burned. Each race has two types of walls.

Men have the wooden stakes then stone.

Orcs have what resembles a barb wire fence as their starter well then a much thicker and sturdier thick wooden wall that's around the same size as stone walls.

Elves have vine/hedge row things and then stone walls.

That's in tiers mind you - player cities will all end up as the second tier, Darssen is just unique with having the tier 1 walls.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

The stone walls all have battlements, right? You don't have to stick all your archers in an arrow tower or anything?

Oh, and is it possible to construct pallisades as a player? Those small openings are pretty nice to stall if you have to. If it's only availiable for some NPC towns...ah well.

Once again, the snow blows me away. Which gives m yet another (last one!) question: How do seasons work? Is it actually particular to the current season in a certain part of the world, or do you guys have some sort of game calender?

Doubtless some of those have been answered, so sorry. But I haven't seen the answers yet. Just curious.