Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dawn of Fantasy in the News - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

EuroGamer's Italian preview of Dawn of Fantasy is a very interesting read.

The translation is imperfect, but it's still a good review that sheds a lot of light on the game.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 AM

Anzz has a default reputation

thx for the info
Old 04-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Another Italian preview, this time by EveryEye.it, praises Dawn of Fantasy's unit diversity, RPG elements, and scale. It has some trepidation over the model quality, but understands that it was done to allow thousands of units on a map - and the graphics are still being improved on.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM

Tyfighter has a default reputation

Awesome interviews guys!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:07 AM

gabsgold has a default reputation

Very nice interviews
Old 04-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Yannickb has a default reputation

nice work, interesting interviews
Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Previews, Spanish:
I summarized them, but if you want to read them yourselves, and don't speak Spanish, google translations are linked to in the original post.

Vandal.net
The folks at Vandal praise Dawn of Fantasy's atmosphere (noting the nice weather and audio effects) and the speed and scale of the game, as well as the varying strategies for field and stronghold battles. Despite the fact that DOF is clearly a work-in-progress and still needs some optimization, the review states that the game shows a great effort to please, and could fight directly against the greats of the genre.

MMOGamer.es
MMOGamer.es discusses the many modes of DOF gameplay, for both online and offline players. They are especially pleased with the level of unit management and considers Dawn of Fantasy a very ambitious MMORTS, although it still has some bugs from the beta which need to be cleared up before release.

Programasok.com
A short article praising the level of micromanagement and the persistent online elements of Dawn of Fantasy.

Hardgame2.com
A very informative review calling Dawn of Fantasy interesting, innovative, promising, and a "pleasant surprise." Once the previewers started a city and got down the basics of gameplay, they really enjoyed the smoothness of the missions, resource gathering, and city construction, praising the simplified Great Tree building construction for the Elves. HardGame enjoys the diversity of game modes and management capabilities, and commended the number of large updates to the beta version they experienced, suggesting that any quirks in DOF will be sorted out in time for release.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 04-10-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Hey that's great! DoF needs more publicity!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Previews, German:
  • OnlineWelten Preview (Feb 10, 2011) [Translation Powered by Google]
    After having played an advance preview copy of Dawn of Fantasy, OnlineWelten praises the originality of the title and the many different aspects of town management. They admire the environment detail, but are hesitant about the unit model and animation quality - a feature Reverie World is currently working on improving. Their first impression is very positive, commenting on the persistent economies and the game's many modes. The game takes a fun and fresh approach to the genre, although the previewers hope some technical issues will be sorted out before its release.
  • GamingXP Preview (Feb 16, 2011) [Translation Powered by Google]
    Impressed with Dawn of Fantasy from the start, GamingXP enjoys the different view modes (RTS and World Map) and the game options when sieging. Although the interface and notification system could use improvement, Dawn of Fantasy has great depth, especially in its feature Online Kingdom mode. They praised the atmosphere of the game as well as the sheer scale of the battles, something rarely seen in the genre.
  • Gamona Preview (Mar 16, 2011) [Translation Powered by Google]
    The editors at Gamona enjoyed Dawn of Fantasy's unit diversity, scale of the battles, and the different recommended playstyles for each race. They enjoyed elements of interaction, such as trade and diplomacy between cities, as well as the Online Kingdom quests which introduce the player to the game and gradually get more complex.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM

Previews, Italian:
  • SpazioGames Preview (Mar 9, 2011) [Translation Powered by Google]
    According to the editors at Spazio, "Dawn of Fantasy is a title rich of possibilities…the real plus of this game is the chance to build and defend your own town with game mechanics close to Stroghold but placed in a MMO context. If developers will use the time still at their disposal in the right way, they will be able to deliver to gamers a fantasy RTS which can offer several hours of pure enjoyable gameplay thanks to huge battles and strategic sieges."
  • MMORPG Italia, Preview (Mar 23, 2011) [Translation Powered by Google]
    Despite some problems with the interface, MMORPG Italia praises Dawn of Fantasy's innovation, game modes, and AI, calling it a game that deserves more attention from fans of the genre. "In short: a good game, no doubt, in its solid gameplay and accurately tested."