Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday - Elven Techs - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Fantasy Friday - Elven Techs

Fantasy Friday
Technologies Part III: Nhob'ru

Welcome back to part 3 of the technologies showcases as we look into the final race, the Elves of Nhob'ru! Before we begin, I'm proud to finally be able to reveal a release date and it's right around the corner - yup, DOF will be released early September! So check out the announcement and share in the celebrations as we prepare for release!

Be sure to also check out Parts I and II of the three-part techs showcase!

From your Home City, techs can be researched from your buildings and cost resources and Influence. Once purchased, these techs will upgrade instantly and benefit your army by unlocking new units and defenses or with increased efficiency - which can often benefit your army or economy much more than whipping out several new battalions - and at half the cost.

Keep in mind that, for the most part, the upgrades listed are categories which include several different individual techs, and some techs are still being implemented. Nevertheless, you can get a good sense of the scale of the game and micromanagement through these many upgrades!

Brief Overview of Technology Types

Settlement
Efficiency Upgrades improve the speed of world map armies and the resource capacity of the home city.
Engineering Upgrades enable stone walls, towers, and gatehouses, and improve the strength of your walls and gates.

Tree Dwelling
Efficiency Upgrades improve the stamina, attack, hitpoints, and gathering rates of Wardens.
Tactics Upgrades improve the stamina, speed, view, and range of your warriors.

War Lodge
Efficiency Upgrades improve the strength, hitpoints, and attack of Rangers, Wardens, Sentries, Grand Masters, Bladestorms, and Enchanters.
Research Upgrades improve the attack and defense ratings of all infantry.

Arcane Sanctuary
Efficiency Upgrades enable advanced defenses including wall-mounted Bolt Throwers, healing Sun Stones, and man-eating Garviola plants.
Magic Upgrades improve the efficiency of the Enchanter's ability to summon Garviolas, Bolt Throwers, and Treants, and enables new abilities such as fiery arrows and cloaking.

Alchemy Lab
Efficiency Upgrades improve the Alchemy Lab's ability to transmute resources, and improves the preservation of natural resources.

Tree Symbiosis
Symbiosis Upgrades improve the efficiency and summoning cost of wood-providing Forest Spirits, and the income of mines and berry bushes created at the Symbiosis.

Sylvan Shrine
Efficiency Upgrades improve the resource income from trained animals and berry bushes, and enables mounted units.

As always, we want to hear your thoughts; and if you have any ideas for future FF showcases, post away!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
General_II

I'm going to be making the alchemy lab as often as possible, just so I can use the word transmute.

In dead seriousness, I'm quite interested in seeing some Garviolas in battle. Or I suppose ambush is more likely.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM
dof.heavengames.com Ambassador

Blatant7 is someone to look uptoBlatant7 is someone to look upto

Looks great! Although "symbiosis" remind me a little too much of junior year biology class.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 AM

johnthebeast has a default reputation

very good to know
Old 10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

D0uble0 has a default reputation
Default Alchemy Lab upgrades

Anyone know what the difference is between faerie alchemy lab and mystic alchemy lab upgrades? the tool tip doesn't explain anything other than a slight difference in price?