Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A Compilation of Ideas - Page 7 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

give them kodos and rip off wow, that should work
Old 09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Dragons not having enough unit types? Heh. This one is not familiar with D&D methinks.

Without counting the stages of dragon growth there are several dozen types of dragons with various powers, there's no reason we couldn't do that. For different roles you could have different types of dragons or dragonkin. Their 'cheap' units would be dragonkin of varying elements. Honestly, most of these would just require a unique skin and maybe a slightly different scale + unique abilities. If anything the dragons would be the EASIEST and most unique race as they'd have potentially hundreds of different units. And same with the actual dragons too not just dragonkin, again without counting growth you have one for each type of dragon, and instead of a normal leveling system we could have the growth be their own leveling system, for every battle they participate in, or based on number of kills they then get older and as dragons get older they get larger and stronger. Trust me - if we get the funding and time dragons will not be difficult to implement.

Minotaurs are a little harder if anything, but we could easily do something with them. One idea would be a caste system where they're bred into it developed into each type of warfare, there would be those trained solely in magic, archery, mounted combat, 2-3 types of foot soldiers with one spear, one defensive and one offensive, or instead of offensive/defensive a regular grunt and then simply an elite version. Or even more interesting, say they have selective mutation and have it work much the same as the caste, but instead of training for it, they're literally born with it. The last one might be a little too weird - but you get the idea. With a bit of imagination you can make just about anything work.

It sounds like you wanted the Minotaurs to be more of an amalgamation of races than minotaurs which is also another possibility, a sort of collective.

@Otomotopia:

Have you played the various Stronghold games online? One of two things happens depending on which stronghold you play. Either walls are completely worthless, or they're brokenly overpowered. There is simply no way to balance letting everyone design their own walls. We hope to have plenty of different ones to let you choose from, and even that will lead to some builds being stronger than others. It just has to be this way for balance unless you want walls to go the way of AoE2 where sure you can build a nice looking city but it isn't worth a tenth of the money you sunk into it. And with siege warfare being one of the biggest and best things about the game, reducing walls to little more than a hurdle low enough you can step over wouldn't be good.

The various customizable wall defenses are unique enough to make cities feel like your own as well, imo. With so many options and three distinct terrain's per race to choose from.
Adding to that, you could always add lesser dragon blooded races, let's say the spawn of a dragon and an elf and so on as the basic workers and make it work as the Yuan Ti, the purer the blood, the higher the standing
Old 09-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

srpiccoro has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolf00 View Post
I'm a little new at the forum but I really don't see how you can make an entire faction out of minotaurs. Maybe if you changed the name to Beast-men or something then you can add more then just minotaurs. Centaurs, Satyrs, Harpies, Griffins, Werewolves. Make it more diverse. Also im hearing talk about dragon kin in the dragon faction and while i think its a good idea. There still overpowered, even the kin are stronger then humans and you'll are talking about them being able to breath fire to!? The Dragon faction needs a weakness. Otherwise it WILL be unbalanced.
When you reinvent a race, you can always choose the way they act, in the example I posted above:
Elf-Dragon Blood : Smart, Agile, but weak, not a pure blood so he doesn't have an affinity with nature and is despised by the dragon society for being weak
Human - Dragon Blood : Strong but rushes into everything : A barbarian of sorts, so he is meat fodder and isn't very resistant to charms..... I could go on but you get the point, Pure-Blooded dragons are rare and do not ally themselves with the "lesser beings" easily, your faction or whatever, should prove themselves in order to gain their support