Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A Compilation of Ideas - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Oh God, I absolutely hated Age of Wonders 2. Bleurgh.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Daermoth has a default reputation

Yet that does not constitute the fact that it is a bad game, nor that its Draconian race wouldn't be a good place to start bouncing off ideas for the Dragon race?:P
Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
City and Player Customization - we have been considering adding more hero customization. Heroes will definitely have some in-depth abilities and a bit of customization in-game.

The Environment - Whoever gave the impression that you will be fighting always in cities was wrong
You can do fighting with enemies in the open areas of regions as much as you want. The rewards and methods for fighting in the field are different, too. More on this later once we want to reveal it.

The Forgotten Races - Dwarves and Dragons will make it into the game, but not as a full race until a possible expansion. Minotaurs may, as well.
You can visit dwarven or dragon areas to purchase mercenaries for your army from them. You can play many quests or even campaigns which take place in dragon or dwarven regions. Many other things can be done in these regions, too.

Magic - You have the gist of how magic works.
More information on magic will come later once we want to reveal it.
Putting Dwarves in later expansions, cant wait.
gonna be tough though, considering dwarves build settlements inside mountains. Customization and sieging gonna be pain
Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
Putting Dwarves in later expansions, cant wait.
gonna be tough though, considering dwarves build settlements inside mountains. Customization and sieging gonna be pain
didn't you know, this is fantasy... For all we know the dwarfs got castles in trees... They can change EVERYTHING in no time
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Yeah I hope dwarves are the next playable race(my favorite race). I would actually like to see how the devs work out having the dwarven cities underground and how the defences would work(nice gameplay addition).

Instead of bring them above ground(for an easy gameplay fix). This would add some new strategy.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 04-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
Yeah I hope dwarves are the next playable race(my favorite race). I would actually like to see how the devs work out having the dwarven cities underground and how the defences would work(nice gameplay addition).

Instead of bring them above ground(for an easy gameplay fix). This would add some new strategy.
how about adding a city on the surface but with some tunnels underground (like a second castle)
Old 04-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
how about adding a city on the surface but with some tunnels underground (like a second castle)
would make it a lot easier yes. but is your gonna add dwarves in later expansions, they at least have to try and make it special. Dwarves either live in mountains of underground, hardly on the surface. more a less the fundamental rule with dwarves.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
would make it a lot easier yes. but is your gonna add dwarves in later expansions, they at least have to try and make it special. Dwarves either live in mountains of underground, hardly on the surface. more a less the fundamental rule with dwarves.
And you know what fantasy is? It is not copying from everyone else so the same things happens over and over again, tough they do occasionally. However don't you ever wonder how orcs get the name trolls, grog, grawl osv... If everyone called them orcs they would just be copying so they get fancy names for them and new cool looking nazgul like guys. However i have seen a few movies in my time and quite a lot about dwarfs but there have been once or twice that the dwarfs lived over ground, so just because it was not like that in lord of the rings doesn't mean that it is like that here too

So basically thats the same as in real life, a person evolves from a little child to a monster, just because there are normal children everywhere doesn't mean that everyone is just as normal as the next one... It is the basics of repeats, just because they happen doesn't mean they are the only way of life. I mean i have even seen fantasy movies where orcs are smart and elves grow wings, fairies are human sized and trolls looks like giant mountains. I have seen movies where goblins are evil little creatures devoted to following orders, i have also seen movies where the goblins where just as nice as the unicorn down the street. (before it went berserk and killed everyone off except for the main character that got away) I have also seen movies where undead are eating people alive, and i have seen movies where the undead are like happy playmates to the people that is alive (even sexually that film is very disturbing believe me) So how many more examples do i have to use before you get it, EVERYTHING IS NOT THE SAME JUST BECAUSE LOTR SAID SO! The end thank you from me

P.S I was supposed to sleep now in the middle of the night so currently i am a bit mad, sorry Somethings may seem like i am a bit angry at but don't let it bother you
Old 04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

If/when we do include dwarves, we will be sure to do something unique with them.

And btw, orc isn't a Tolkien term... it's a product of northern Italy folklore. And has since been used by many different cultures to refer to "wild men." I've never read LOTR, but I know that our writers have put a lot of time into each race so the end result with all of their culture and history, is quite different than many other representations.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Here's to the devs!