Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Heroes - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Another thing about the hero, when he dies does he just respawn or will another take his place and he now becomes the lord of your land (considering your the king and lords are your vassels) would like to see Lords taking it up not just going boom back to life
Old 02-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
... well i guess you don't know your viking stories. In a 10 k army of men there is bound to be someone who are awesome. Like for instance that viking that defended a bridge singlehandedly killing a lot of people. He stood his ground but eventually lost, but he took down a lot more then 30 guys. Also in the thing about Leonidas and his 300 Spartans, guess what? That was an army of 300 heroes so they took down 10 maybe even 20 times their numbers. They lost one or two every battle which is not bad considering the enemies lost thousands. So basically i am right, there are always good people and poor people. Its just that people that can't fight are illustrated as soldiers of course the armies look ****ed. You know in a regular ten k vs ten k men there is a large possibility that one or two guys get kill count +20. ohh now i wandered off, the point is that one guy killing 20-30 farmers given weapons and called soldiers is not that big of a deal. Anyone could've done that with a little training. Most likely the enemies will be either orcs given hatchets or bows and sent off, or elves with a little training for defending th3ir own homes or humans that thought it would be fun to fight and signed up for an army. That is just because they think war is awesome and in the past there were more people who wanted to fight rather then farm. So i guess the possibility that a heavily trained elite lord with a great sword made from some of the strongest metals there is and wearing a large armor made from the same should be able to fend off and kill like up to a platoon. Especially if it is regulars or recruits.

So now if you don't see the truth, look at it from another view. Think what would happen if this so called leader is a weakling. Boom first volley dead. You can never take him to quests far away because everyone try to kill the leader. The enemy focus their attack at where your hero is. WTF would you do against an enemy when your hero stand out? Would you rather have a hero that would die in the first volley or a hero that can lead a charge without getting impaled on the spear-wall? Of course the heroes gotta be strong or else you can also put it this way, no one would ever use the hero in battle and that again would delete half his purpose and really slow down your early stage development which is probably Dependant on a hero that can kill an enemy or ten.

There are two things that should make you accept the hero. Also if you did not notice there is ONLY ONE so you don't have to worry about a hero charge. Just remember that your hero can do equal the dmg the enemy can. Pleased to annoy you with a page of why we should use heroes
ok about the spartan thing, there actual numbes were in the thousands, along with hundreds if not thousands of soldiers from athens and other neighboring cities. now there total nubers were like 3000 men, vs Xerxious ( however u spell it ) who had like 300,000 men. now the way the spartans fought in the tight alleys of the mountain pass enabled them to hold there ground agoainst about 10k soldiers from the persains, also the greek had a massive weapon and armor advantage. after that the persians found out about a small path that lead behind the greeks. greek scouts saw the persians coming from that pass and all of the greeks, except 300 spartans fled ( including spartans ) and held off the persians so the rest could escape. and during this battle all of the spartans were sluaghtered including there king, wich the remaning spartans and persians fought over till the end of the battle, granted the spartans cut down a lot of persians in the end it wasnt like the movie 300. i actually believe king leonidas had his head cut off in the real battle, where in the movie 300 he had like 30 arrows in his chest.

and thats my crappily summarized history lesson for the day

and i dont think a hero should be able to wipe out a platoon, but they should be pretty strong, like able to kill 10 other soldiers at once

Last edited by zach12wqasxz : 02-11-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

well i know that too... the Greeks were a bunch of quite cool guys, the Spartans only sent 300 to their numbers, the other people sent all they had. Also the Spartans sent a huge fleet. I just didn't want to get into it since those 9.7 k other soldiers and the fleet of a few thousand men and ships with their rams and that. It just seems so poor. so i prefer the 300 way. I agree with everything you said of course but i didn't think it would matter if i said 10 k Greeks, no one would know where that is since they always put out that number when they go. However if i used 300 (since they were the strongest) they are remembered by all. I bet you would have problems thinking what battle it was if you only knew about 300 Spartans. So i guess i probably should have set the 10 k number in () But i didn't think that far. Also i have no idea how Leonidas died but it sure must've been horrible since he inflicted that kinda defeat on the Persians. I bet you watched discovery channel too?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Heroes won't be overpowered like they were in bfme2. *shudders*
Those guys would literally kill everyone near them, sure you could focus them, but with what? Your dead troops?
Heroes won't really be about killing other troops with them, more like giving auras and moral to nearby troops.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Since this is a topic about heroes .... it was discussed how powerfull they will be but not what type we could have. Will there be archer? archmage? paladin? rogue?, warrior? Or will be just simply 1 type - hero? Personally i would like more to choose of =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

I like the idea of heroes being support as well. I'm surprised everyone hates the BFME heroes, though. I thought they were fun to mess around with .
Anyways, it should be interesting to see if different races's heroes give different bonuses and support, along with different stats.

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty sure that there's only the normal melee type hero. 'Least I've never seen a different type in the screenshots.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Hmm. Good arguments for both sides.

Classical example of heroes - Roman Horatius defended the bridge crossing the Tiber River in order to prevent Rome from being captured by the Tuscans. He was accompanied by one or two companions, and they held off hundreds of enemies.

BFME heroes were way overated. I hope the heroes for DOF will not be like them.

Still, even if one's hero had abilitis like the BFME ones, you would only have 1 hero - this would allow him to be overwhelmes and killed. Seriously, in BFME, 2 or 3 well used battalions could easily kill a hero - a combination of archers and meelee.

That is my twosense.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
well i know that too... the Greeks were a bunch of quite cool guys, the Spartans only sent 300 to their numbers, the other people sent all they had. Also the Spartans sent a huge fleet. I just didn't want to get into it since those 9.7 k other soldiers and the fleet of a few thousand men and ships with their rams and that. It just seems so poor. so i prefer the 300 way. I agree with everything you said of course but i didn't think it would matter if i said 10 k Greeks, no one would know where that is since they always put out that number when they go. However if i used 300 (since they were the strongest) they are remembered by all. I bet you would have problems thinking what battle it was if you only knew about 300 Spartans. So i guess i probably should have set the 10 k number in () But i didn't think that far. Also i have no idea how Leonidas died but it sure must've been horrible since he inflicted that kinda defeat on the Persians. I bet you watched discovery channel too?
ya i watch the discovery channel alot, but mostly cuz i like the show dirty jobs
and heroes that u could choose there class would add a lot more depth into the gameplay because a paladin unit would really benefit a player because he could heal there army, as were a rogue hero could infiltrate enemy towns ect.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Btw i don't see a problem with the bfme heroes, i mean try fighting online with another player with custom hero. There is a 40% chance that it is a bugged character. A friend of mine had a invincible troll that could ride horses and well you get the point. If you think bfme heroes are bad try the custom ones, if you create a normal it can kill a base or two. If you create a bugged one it can solo 50 k soldiers alone AT LEAST.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Yikes! all the more reason to have strict limits on the greatest ability a hero can reach. Otherwise, the player who have been around the longest in the MMORTS will have super-heroes. Maybe heros give the units around them bonuses, but as the level of the hero increases, the amount the bonus increases by decreases.

EG-

hero level 1 bonues nearby troops by 5
hero level 2 bonues nearby troops by 4
hero level 3 bonues nearby troops by 3
hero level 4 bonues nearby troops by 2
hero level 5 bonues nearby troops by 1
hero level 6 bonues nearby troops by 1
hero level 10 bonues nearby troops by 1

Like that.