Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

On large scale battles: Wow, that's cluttered. - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Yeah i know, but look at it this way. Will to win equals more kills/death rate. In those terror organizations they use suicide bombings thats caused because of will to fight. However good commanders is a must too, its just that in this age all you need for a good commander is giving them a video game that teaches strategies and within a month that guy should be able to pull it off...

I played stormrise under a week now, and currently i can control a whole army almost at the speed of thought. So games are great for learning stuff... And thats why commanding doesn't seem like much these days. So these days its will to fight and technology that decides it, maybe in ancient times the commanders were more of a need. But not now... Anyways the only ones with commanding positions are people who "Earned" it through hard work. In ancient you just needed names like Julii or Brutii or being descended from some great bloodline...
Nope totaly wrong, too much will to win makes rash decisions. Its all about training and how you react to situations a cool head always beats one that is trying to hard, fact. If all you needed was the will to win or numbers then WHY did the British army conqure 25% of the world? because in Britian its an awfully big place and they had the will to win because..? fights are determined by moral, tatical advantages and well trained troops. This is why i love the army/navy/Raf in the UK because it realises this, although we have less troops and less of a technolical advantage i still think we have some of the worlds best troops aka, SAS, Gerkers, Marines, Paratroopers.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
This is why i love the army/navy/Raf in the UK because it realises this, although we have less troops and less of a technolical advantage i still think we have some of the worlds best troops aka, SAS, Gerkers, Marines, Paratroopers.
That is indeed true - I've had talks by various military personnel who toured in Afghanistan: a couple British but one American, and all agreed that the Americans had better equipment whereas the British had far better training.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Ok i will answer welshie, the commanders needs to be cool. The soldiers will kill more if everyone are fanatics and brits won 25% because they had the will to gain money no matter the cost, they put their assets into their military sent out armies and conquered territory where they could. I mean seriously a greedy people coming with big guns against a population who barely discovered the spears. Thats another factor they had so much greed that they were willing to bomb entire cities to conquer em.

also how come those rebels like hamas and that kinda stuff have lived for so long, they got the will to blow their own troop up with a car bomb... Its just their will to win, however a good trained technological superior well commanded army should be able to take them easily on open ground and cities. Its just the problem that they can hide anywhere and come forth blowing themselves up at any time, that demolishes moral. Increases the will from Some mark that cause not all are willing to join them after loosing their family in a explosion. However if you got all the conditions fulfilled then you got the strongest army mankind can make, and till now no one got that. Tough the romans were quite close as they united that amount of people under one banner, however later on they got a problem with arrogance which in return lead to many battles lost which in turn made the roman empire weaker.

A will to fight fanatically is needed if you got few people little equipment, and few to none good commanders. If they have the will they can always get over an obstacle. I mean how else could they have stood against Usa and all those other countries invading them for so long time when they got less/worse equipment poor commanders really they have some that got charisma to get people under their banner, they don't need real tactics even a child could lead their armies. Not that they can be called that. They got low popularity, the only two things they got aplenty is caves and people with strong will. Thats the point i am trying to make, more technology and numbers don't always lead to total victory, you know fanatics in war were not afraid to throw themselves at the sword of the enemy, however since the first charging line was decimated the other got a free way into the army and killing everyone. This is one of the few things that made the viking fearsome, they had some warriors that would inflict such a sight to the enemy that they would rout. Killing left and right as they go through the army. Another thing was of course their boats, the speed of their attack. Tough the most important thing for vikings was they they arrived without notice and left with a burning village and/or bodies scattered on the ground. Vikings had the will to fight to get new spots to farm, however first they thought that they might as well plunder while they are at it. Thus their will drove them to attack, pillage, rape and murder. What drove them was the will to get more riches and more satisfaction. That will is what drive every army. If you were the president of USA and suddenly told all the soldiers, "you are not getting more money for fighting for your country. All you get is food and shelter." Do you think the army would be as strong as it was before? i think not, their moral would waver soldiers would rather desert then fight. Its not always FOR THE FATHERLAND/motherland, its the will to gain something more. Ohh btw those that do it for their country for no money are people who actually want to fight a war, those people can also be classified as terrorists since all they want is create terror and chaos.

Next time you tune in on blackfangs answer channel you will see page 3+++ So follow it or miss the chance of your life to get answers to your deepest questions! Next time i will tell how the squirrels once killed a human! Tune in for the greatest of answers

Last edited by blackfang : 02-24-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Ok i will answer welshie, the commanders needs to be cool. The soldiers will kill more if everyone are fanatics and brits won 25% because they had the will to gain money no matter the cost, they put their assets into their military sent out armies and conquered territory where they could. I mean seriously a greedy people coming with big guns against a population who barely discovered the spears. Thats another factor they had so much greed that they were willing to bomb entire cities to conquer em.

also how come those rebels like hamas and that kinda stuff have lived for so long, they got the will to blow their own troop up with a car bomb... Its just their will to win, however a good trained technological superior well commanded army should be able to take them easily on open ground and cities. Its just the problem that they can hide anywhere and come forth blowing themselves up at any time, that demolishes moral. Increases the will from Some mark that cause not all are willing to join them after loosing their family in a explosion. However if you got all the conditions fulfilled then you got the strongest army mankind can make, and till now no one got that. Tough the romans were quite close as they united that amount of people under one banner, however later on they got a problem with arrogance which in return lead to many battles lost which in turn made the roman empire weaker.

A will to fight fanatically is needed if you got few people little equipment, and few to none good commanders. If they have the will they can always get over an obstacle. I mean how else could they have stood against Usa and all those other countries invading them for so long time when they got less/worse equipment poor commanders really they have some that got charisma to get people under their banner, they don't need real tactics even a child could lead their armies. Not that they can be called that. They got low popularity, the only two things they got aplenty is caves and people with strong will. Thats the point i am trying to make, more technology and numbers don't always lead to total victory, you know fanatics in war were not afraid to throw themselves at the sword of the enemy, however since the first charging line was decimated the other got a free way into the army and killing everyone. This is one of the few things that made the viking fearsome, they had some warriors that would inflict such a sight to the enemy that they would rout. Killing left and right as they go through the army. Another thing was of course their boats, the speed of their attack. Tough the most important thing for vikings was they they arrived without notice and left with a burning village and/or bodies scattered on the ground. Vikings had the will to fight to get new spots to farm, however first they thought that they might as well plunder while they are at it. Thus their will drove them to attack, pillage, rape and murder. What drove them was the will to get more riches and more satisfaction. That will is what drive every army. If you were the president of USA and suddenly told all the soldiers, "you are not getting more money for fighting for your country. All you get is food and shelter." Do you think the army would be as strong as it was before? i think not, their moral would waver soldiers would rather desert then fight. Its not always FOR THE FATHERLAND/motherland, its the will to gain something more. Ohh btw those that do it for their country for no money are people who actually want to fight a war, those people can also be classified as terrorists since all they want is create terror and chaos.

Next time you tune in on blackfangs answer channel you will see page 3+++ So follow it or miss the chance of your life to get answers to your deepest questions! Next time i will tell how the squirrels once killed a human! Tune in for the greatest of answers
I know what your trying to say that just because people have money and more soilders doesnt mean they win already. But what i am saying is that will isnt enough to win battles, it requires a good mixture, and btw the soilders that fought for our empire didnt get anything so there will for the battles? and just to pop out there 10,000 romans vrs 50,000 british and romans won why? not because of there superior technolgy it was because they and their comander were stragitacly placed and none of them left formation (if one had left formation then they would of lost, now if they used their 'will' in that situation the way you have been putting it down like their lines would of broke and made mayhem making it easy for the brittish to kill them, chaos makes it easier for the army with the numerical advantage.

and as for you using humas and the other terroists organisations, they are the people not an army, small bands of fighters. and as someone stated before you would have to level cities and kill the populas before it stoped.

Sit back down i think,
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

i sort of sense an argument breweing, how about you both are right?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

metman has a default reputation

Yeah I think zachs right on this one we don't need a fight.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Don't start the wars before the game comes out. I award you both a keepsake Ogre point
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I think we covered the idea of battles being cluttered -

It will only happen when players get big, and by then they will have to skills to use it to their advantage or to see through the clutter.

Bingo.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Ok, back to start. THE BASIC FOUNDATIONS OF AN ARMY IS MONEY. You see the romans were a quite rich people, their soldiers were paid more. However they also had the best equipment and the most arrogance at that time. Arrogance can be changed into will to fight. Money is the basic foundation of will to fight. Also the reason that the romans won of the brits (i am just guessing you mean that with the woman who lead them) That was their discipline and one of those times where will to fight doesn't really matter. They had positioned themselves with their backs to a mountains, no one could run. Thats the "desperation" Which indeed is a way to get your soldiers to fight harder. However the romans where at some times so arrogant that they did not even bother keeping their formations while marching through a hail of arrows. I can totally see why, you know the roman empire covered the Mediterranean and all its soldiers were simply overpowering. At first they were middle class and up soldiers, then they had a normal sized army like any other country however the young ones wanted to fight badly. Then they made a reform and every class could now become a soldier, thus all the farmersons and fishersons began the soldiers life in hope of bringing treasures back to their families and also to escape the boring life of being a farmer or fisher. There were many things that drove them, those very poor people NEEDED all the money they could get, and by being a soldier you get a cut in the looting + you get the payment for your work. Once again its money that drives them, gives them the will to fight. However a good commander and discipline, technology osv based armies are a must, but if you have the will to fight then all the other things is acquirable. A will to fight or do something for the good of others can also be used to steal tanks, manufacture incredible amounts of ak's and stingers. Its just without the will, then you cant do anything there is really no point if you dont push yourself in war. War can almost work like paintball (its a game i play on my free time) Paintball is like war with bullets of paint, in it i have to use my will since i am not a very trained person i easily get exhausted (besides my marker weight more then my playstation does) However i still push myself over my limits and feel the downsides the day after. However if i had no will i would just stay behind cover and do nothing, thats kinda like how it is. I cant explain anymore since i got school today...
Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Ok then, its pointless me saying anymore on this situation.