Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion for less strictness with repeated themes - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
This "I" should be capitalized.

It's "too" not "to."

"I'd" needs an apostrophe and the "I" needs capitalization. A comma before "though" and of course, a period at the end. Also, "I'll" needs to be capitalized, given an apostrophe, and given another "l" to it.
wait.. you aren't serious are you?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
"I'd" needs an apostrophe and the "I" needs capitalization. A comma before "though" and of course, a period at the end. Also, "I'll" needs to be capitalized, given an apostrophe, and given another "l" to it.
It's not that I dont know all this; it's that I dont care. so y do u
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

tbh it would be alot easier if u had the FAQ's on an unpostable thread and update it every now and again.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I think as what konstantin agrees with would be most apropiate we need the boost to activity and having a new comers spread where people can spam questions when they first join before they get to grips of where we at will be ok.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:55 AM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

Due to what Darathor posted after correcting our grammar I think he was being ironic rather than offensive. Hard to spot though and I could be wrong

I agree with welshie that it would be a little easier if the FAQs were listed ín a non-postable thread, however, to be fair they are all in the first two posts of the thread, not spread throughout the pages between other posts.

I'd like to point out though that this thread wasn't only about going easy on people for not reading the FAQ, it was also, more in fact, about being a lot more relaxed with people asking/discussing things that have been talked about before in old threads.

Last edited by Pilgrim : 02-10-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: spelling mistake - Darathor on the loose
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
This actually sounds like a pretty good idea! I`ll run this by Alex. "New to DoF? - ask questions here" sort of forum.

Also I do agree we are turning some new fans off by yelling at em for asking questions, and not wanting to dig through the FAQ. I mean really - no harm in more posts.
If my memory serves me rightly, everytime a question has come up, we do give the information, but also give the statement that they perhaps use the search engine next time? Its not as if we refuse to answer...

And to be fair, many forums are that information is given once and only once, this forum is pretty lax.

We arent telling them they have to search, we are asking politely I dont mind such topics, especially if they are good topics (unlike, 'Can i haz beta?' type topics) It is a way to revitalise the forum and old topics which are still just as valid now. Some of us are being harsh at times, but it has remained civil and polite, simply suggesting that they search.

And yes, trawling through many pages can be daunting... Try trawling through the 'Official: Races you would like to see' topic... When i was new it was massive, now it is about 100 pages if i remember rightly
Old 02-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
This actually sounds like a pretty good idea! I`ll run this by Alex. "New to DoF? - ask questions here" sort of forum.

Also I do agree we are turning some new fans off by yelling at em for asking questions, and not wanting to dig through the FAQ. I mean really - no harm in more posts.
ya im giulty of this on a few occasions

and the search bar is sort of ineffective at times, so a "New to DOF" forum would be absolutlty amazing
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
the search bar is sort of ineffective at times, so a "New to DOF" forum would be absolutlty amazing
I absolutely agree with this one! Looking forward to it's creation. Just don't make it a fantasy friday review.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
tbh it would be alot easier if u had the FAQ's on an unpostable thread and update it every now and again.
they already have one of those...the new commers never use it
Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
they already have one of those...the new commers never use it
Maybe should be put also on main site beside forum. Ppl (like me =)) first look main site before proceed to forum if they want to know more. So those ppl could find it there and read it in greater numbers than on forum (since it would be more visible also).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 02-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Closed Thread