Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion thread for Guilds/Diplomacy - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation
Default Suggestion thread for Guilds/Diplomacy

When I searched this, there were a ton of threads that I didnt want to necro, mainly because they veered off topic or were unproductive/uninformative.

What I've decided to do is make a general suggestion thread for guilds/diplomacy, encompassing all aspects of the game.

On with the Discussion!

I would suggest NOT having an option to teleport allied units a battle with an army, pre or during the battle. I would, however, love the option of 'delaying' the start of the battle so that reinforcements can physically travel to the battle. I would love defender's reinforcements to come from outside the walls, unless they own a port.

For major NPC towns that are owned by the guild, I would suggest having an ajustable guild tax on that area that can be redistributed to all Guildmates, or select guildmates, by the guild leader. This includes all resources and money taxed from the populace.

I would suggest having quests geared to teams available.

I would love to have an option to start with a group of players, instead of a random area.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

There are group quests availiable right now, although I think they're meant for 3-4 people tops. Still guild-friendly for the most part. Also, regarding diplomacy, you can set up trade routes with other players. I didn't know you could own an NPC town though-haven't seen that yet.

As for starting with a group of players-do you mean several cities in one instance? You choose the area you want your city to be, you know, so you can be as close to friends as you like. Shouldn't be anthing random going on about it, although I'm not sure how the surrounding terrain around your city is created.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

I like the idea of NPC guild owned cities! would make it cool to show off how cool and mighty your guild is!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

NPC Guild cities - great idea! They would be controlled by a level of AI, but when attacked, online Guild members could be notified and come to its defense. Guild treasuries, as well as POWs and any "special bonuses" picked up by guild members could be "stored" there. And plundered from there.

However, delaying battles - Big no-no. Online players will want battles, and having them wait for them is a horrible idea. Still, NPC Guild City -WOW!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

I think that's a much more elegant idea than allowing multi-combat PvP, actually. I got a little worried by the thought that I could be attacked by three players at once-I just want to be able to do my own thing single-player, without guilds. Maybe some trade routes, but for the most part, I'm a loner.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

metman has a default reputation

Guild owned NPC cities is a great idea.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

that we can visit with a hero, find the weakspots, and pwn em.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

i really ike the idea of a giuld being able to own an npc stronghold. like getting bonuses just because i hold the city would be awesome. and having like the whole server drooling over my castle would be awesome as well. id make my entire giuld defend it, and set up camps around the caslte with there armies, that way nobody could even touch my caslte without having to go through dozens of armies, and IF they manage to break through they would have a very tough time actually takeing the castle. it would be awesome to see a coalition of giulds attack all my outlying camps at once and then come for the city....only to lose
Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Guild-owned cities - Count me in on this notion. It'd be great to have supersized stronghold as like the "capital" for your guild. This could be the place where you trade with others in your guild without having to actually go to each individual's home city. Also, I think that each player should have the option of stationing some of their own troops at the city, as part of the garrison. This way, they would get a share of the loot after a successful defense. There's a dozen other potential features.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

As long as it doesn't force players to be part of a guild or lose any and all matches, I'm fine with it. Guilds should be a social thing, not a balance changer.