Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Boarders. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation
Default Boarders.

Right so i was thinking like, in real life the boarders have boarder lands it wasnt just line through heres this country on that side here the other country that side there was like a place where they could be eaither or. So what im suggesting not now for obvious reasons but maybe in the expansion packs put in boarder lands between the races and maybe alow players to expand their empires in here adding new cities and stuff but when a castle have been captured the people keep the land/castle. it would give the people not more land to conqure but more land to hold, and would also bring in more of the orcs v elves v men thing, as all would have claim but who would be able to stake that claim.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

I think what your saying is you want race versus race. And I also think they have implemented that already (or going to) using defence or attack of capital cities.

Oh and its "borders"
Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

lol cheers for saying that, and no i dont mean race vrs race as they have that already, what i mean is like there is a strech of land no NPC controlls and you can claim it but if u get attacked and loose in this area you lose the castle, meaning like a pvp type area even tho you can do it in the actual lands u take the land instead of leaving it in the name of your race!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Why would you take a border castle if you can attack player main castle and plunder it ?=).
But not a bad idea, maybe not normal castles but some kind fortress (that serve just for army station and defense) that defends/control roads etc.. And maybe also faction must control x% of border castles in order to attack main city.
But dont know how will faction vs faction work since ppl friends will take mix faction and form guilds with mixed factions. Maybe it should be made just like at wow alliance and hord where they cant be allies.
But then again ... if 1 person for example takes all border castle and than he goes offline forever .... than noeone could control them anymore. Maybe if attacked a npc takes control while offline, or just as you capture it a friendly npc take it from start and you get just little income from it per day.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 02-02-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I cool hardcore pvp area would be nice to have. It would be cool to have territory and fight for more, or to defend it from others. It would also to be nice if you would fight with your guild against other guilds in this area.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

A cool idea, but I'd suggest level-specific areas. For example, one area is fought over by players with level...20 cities, and another by players with level 40 cities. (wonder what the cap is?). Otherwise the lower-leveled players couldn't do this sort of PvP. Basically, make a system similar to Battle-grounds in WoW and this would go down fine. I'd love something like this in an expansion personally.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Aye and if added to an expansion, your cap is still the same so like it wont go up if u get more land, meaning you cant get to much land and take to many soilders to defend these will mean your capitol will be open to an attack. So it would be very tatical and make the game alot harder to balance. do you go for lots of defence in your capitol and leave your newly conqured region with few or do you get lots of land and spread your forces real fine like.

that sort of thing will make levels pointless as no matter how much money you got, you are limited on your force, meaning once the new players have got there capitol to the standard that they want they can explore this region looking for people who thined there forces to finely and conqure it.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

What about another bonus for taking border towns like additional army capacity (named garrison) this army can be a defense type that will fight the enemy and you can keep your attack armies. Tough it would not be that large it could certainly defend against lesser people and you control it in battle. Would be fun i think
Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
A cool idea, but I'd suggest level-specific areas. For example, one area is fought over by players with level...20 cities, and another by players with level 40 cities. (wonder what the cap is?). Otherwise the lower-leveled players couldn't do this sort of PvP. Basically, make a system similar to Battle-grounds in WoW and this would go down fine. I'd love something like this in an expansion personally.
Uhhhhhhhh you only get 1 city, you -can- have more (I think 4?) but on different...accounts.

Though you guys are forgetting it would be very costly and not a genius move for a competitive player.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Uhm...I never said anything about multiple cities If you mean the plural with level 20/40, I was just referring to the level of the player's city. I'm not saying he controlled 20+ cities.
In any case, it wouldn't be that costly-after all, players would earn bonuses for controlling such cities. You could do all kinds of creative things with a feature like this. It'd just need a little smoothing over to get rid of the edges.
Though you're right, the players army would get expended on taking one of these and in competetive play it would theoretically leave the player open for counter-attack after taking the city. A curious and difficult thing to work around, but chances are the fact that the enemies whole army + the player's whole army wouldn't be fighting- it'd just be a fraction of it. What sane person would leave their main city completely open in favor of a border town?