Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Well i guess this i my story - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub > Lore, Fan Fiction, & Fan Art
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Well like i said it is not really that i focused on the story since i rather focused on the facts so the vikings would seem a bit more real, i tried to find everything i could about the vikings. So basically it got messy because of that sorry again... But when i am back to using fantasy it would be easier Also all the names mentioned are used by vikings the battle outside york is real, the soldiers he was expecting was real but no the amount tough I even checked up on the ranks like huscarls and bóndi (freemen) and that they were not fond of using bows, they wanted to get close to get the kill. It was not enough honor in bows, the vikings excelled in melee and cut down 10-1 ratio most of the time. When they want to curse someone they put nid in their name, they can curse someone by putting a horse skull on a pole pointing to the home of the one they want to curse. The vikings thought the power of the words to be equally as powerful as the sword. They did not want to drown as they would not go to valhalla then, the god of seafaring is commonly known as Njord or another name i don't remember. Thor is the god of the thunder with his hammer mjöllnir or something, Odin is the god over all the gods and got two birds which i dont remember the names on. So basically all this did i find just to make the vikings seem slightly real Basically this contributed to the poor formulating of the story since it was really just an explanation of how they got there i really wanted it to be accurate so sorry for messing up the story again.

Last edited by blackfang : 01-31-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
Odin is the god over all the gods and got two birds which i dont remember the names on
Huginn and Muninn =)

I read again and was thinking one more thing..... i did not do any research so could be wrong ..... isnt the number 10k for units little unrealistic for vikings? tho i guess nordlands werent much populated and to collect that much army? The other thing is, werent vikings under somekind clan leaders, so it would be also little impossible to have 10k vikings under one leader.
Well i dont have much knowledge about vikings so can be wrong and this is just my thinking =).
In my opinion if this is prologue its little too much detailed and goes too much in story, i would end it where they woke up and saw land.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

well like i said the numbers were unrealistic but everything else was as realistic as i could research it to. I mean the Norwegian vikings were perhaps in the lowest numbers, but occasionally to get a larger pray the vikings gathered boats as they went till they had a HUGE army as to win the fight. For vikings a common enemy united them most of the time. Also sometimes the sami (those who live in north of Scandinavia and a bit of Russia) that lived a bit souther then the others could join the vikings, but it was less frequent than the vikings attacking and pillaging the sami people. You know what, look at "veiviseren" it is a Norwegian version of the pathfinder with a similarity (basically it is the same story just in Norway with the vikings still evil. but it is the sami people instead of the native Americans.)
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Ok i got a very sad announcement (i cant write at all this week ) Today we suddenly got 5 projects (still make a song thingie we got a dancing project and make a dagger (for me) also we got make a news paper and make a presentation about devastating biological weapons of mass destruction) Also we got some deliver tasks most commonly known as make a presentation about what all the five main religions have in common and this week we got a trip to the neightbor town and a day when we are supposed to visit another school so this week is totally stressful Sometimes i wish god existed because then he can save me A N Y D A Y Damned school, just when i thought the homework scaled down a little it was only because of this Well i won't be much on this forum this week so hopefully you make some good stories when i am away welshie. (P.S Even if this might seem a bit unrealistic it is totally realistic i don't think they even bothered to look up on who have a project when and where so they stacked everything over a week or three.) Also that make a paper is not totally for this week (we are just going to write a bunch of papers to have a starting point.)
Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ok i got a very sad announcement (i cant write at all this week ) Today we suddenly got 5 projects (still make a song thingie we got a dancing project and make a dagger (for me) also we got make a news paper and make a presentation about devastating biological weapons of mass destruction) Also we got some deliver tasks most commonly known as make a presentation about what all the five main religions have in common and this week we got a trip to the neightbor town and a day when we are supposed to visit another school so this week is totally stressful Sometimes i wish god existed because then he can save me A N Y D A Y Damned school, just when i thought the homework scaled down a little it was only because of this Well i won't be much on this forum this week so hopefully you make some good stories when i am away welshie. (P.S Even if this might seem a bit unrealistic it is totally realistic i don't think they even bothered to look up on who have a project when and where so they stacked everything over a week or three.) Also that make a paper is not totally for this week (we are just going to write a bunch of papers to have a starting point.)
Huh you seem to be quite busy there, gl with those things than =). But dont let us just with prologue too long o.- .

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Im sorry but that just wont do, we want our stories.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Wait to the weekend Tough this week is too full, i just barely got the one normal homework thingie done today (something we gotta deliver within two days) I gotta write a report and continue on with other stuff, ohh and tomorrow we are going to disect an eye and some organs of a pig... Also we gotta write a report there too, this is the busiest week ever!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
looks like your gonna be busy, gl with all that
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Thx, anyway i hope that this week i will get lots of it done, (i am behind on the dagger i am behind on the make a song i don't have a group yet for the dancing project and biological weapons are so-so the five religions thing i am almost done with that. So basically i am behind on most of it so i got alot of catching up to do Hopefully i will not have to do alot in the weekend and then maybe.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

My first story post should be up on Saturday evening.