Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday XI - Stronghold Defense Skirmish - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well I'm glad to hear that battering rams have a purpose. Is there anyway to beef them up ? research more protection on the outside of the ram?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Battering rams should be incredible good tanks! or else what purpose do they serve?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

It said they had like 3900 health or some big amount in the last showcase. I would also assume so because if you look at on screenshot, the ram got farther than the other infantry when they charged the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generation View Post
Wat! that sucks so only rams can attack gates?
Well, I don't think a ram can take down stone walls or a very thick wooden wall...

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)

Last edited by Darathor : 01-31-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

It should be able to take down wood walls but stones should be harder
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I think it is good that catapults cant attack gates. As for battering rams - it took some really powerful rams and a lot of time to take out a stone wall. Palisades should be vulnerable - stone walls, no.

Also, with catapults, I think that there should be a very limited accuracy. that way, you could use the catapult to target a unit or structure, but there is a good chance many shots will miss. That, or have area targeting for catapults, that way they will shoot into the area, and that will acount for their inaccuracy.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
I think it is good that catapults cant attack gates. As for battering rams - it took some really powerful rams and a lot of time to take out a stone wall. Palisades should be vulnerable - stone walls, no.

Also, with catapults, I think that there should be a very limited accuracy. that way, you could use the catapult to target a unit or structure, but there is a good chance many shots will miss. That, or have area targeting for catapults, that way they will shoot into the area, and that will acount for their inaccuracy.
I think catapults should be able to attack the gate house and sometimes when they go astray they have a chance of hitting the gate thus damaging it. so catapults should get a random chance of attacking the gate, where as the battering ram shouldnt be nerfed to make them so inferior that people just use range/seige towers to attack fortresses, this would make defending much easier and make the defenders defend the gates more vigeously meaning less defence to take out the seige towes, making it more tatical. I know what your saying is that realisticaly it just never happenes but this is fantasy and i want to strech the defence not go 'Ahh they got stone walls pointless' /leave. More of a 'I'll attack with my seige towers then bring in my battering ram and see which one he defends the most.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Archmage

Rams totally need to be better against walls/gates otherwise you end up with the english LB from aoe2 > all else. Remember sieging castles with all those archers???
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Rams totally need to be better against walls/gates otherwise you end up with the english LB from aoe2 > all else. Remember sieging castles with all those archers???
yep, that and there already need to get to the wall so there nerfed to seige weps there. So unless rams are powered up against walls and stuff compaired to other seige equiptment then rams = major fail = same seige plans = same defence plans.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Jonathan Werk has a default reputation

Rams are quite good at destroying gates, assuming you don't walk right up under a stone tipper or oil pot or something similar.

They can be killed by arrows, but it takes an awful lot - and if he is focusing his defenses on your ram, he is not focusing on your siege towers (or vice versa)

Quote:
Also, with catapults, I think that there should be a very limited accuracy. that way, you could use the catapult to target a unit or structure, but there is a good chance many shots will miss.
Don't worry, their accuracy is about what you'd expect from a catapult.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Archmage

So can we place different wall defenses on the top of the gate?