Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

My story - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub > Lore, Fan Fiction, & Fan Art
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation
Default My story

Someone wanted to read what i had started writing. so ima give you the start of my story, it is the start of the life of Arthas of the story that i wrote for the Create-a-battle compition. I hope you enjoy it but if you have any problems with it just say

The Chronicles of Arthas

Chapter one

It was early morning when our young hero Arthas was awoken by piercing trumpets coming from the streets outside of the citadel. Arthas was a young boy whose father Rand was the Lord of a fortress close to the borders of neighbouring Kingdoms, called Darssen of the Land Britonia. His father was an awe inspiring general and solider, he had completed successful campaigns against the elves and orcs, not mentioning the amount of local kingdoms. Today he was about to be honoured by the King Tirion himself, after his many years of service he was to be retired and recognised for his work. Arthas left his warm comfortable bed with reluctance and stumble towards his clothes and as he did so there was a bang at the door ‘Enter’ Arthas yelled.
As the door opened his fathers face peeked through the door he was in his best military ware ready to receive the King ‘Son hurry up and get ready, the King waits for no man.’
And with that he left, Arthas scrambled even more for his clothes and in doing so fell face first on the floor, composing himself he soon added his clothes to his body, his mum had the local tailors make him new clothes for the occasion and as he looked at the mirror he admired the local tailors work that or he was impressed with his body that his parents had given him.
Leaving his room towards the grand hall where his farther would be waiting for the king he was thinking what the king would be like as this would be the first time that Arthas would have met him, yes his farther was the kings favourite subject he had never visited Darssen and Arthas to busy with his studies in warfare, Literature, Mathematics, Science, geography and eleven Language kept him busy through out the year as it was his farther and his dream for him to take the rein of the Britonias army and keep there enemies at bay.
He was almost at the hall when he started to get nervous his farther had said that nerves were good but too many could kill a man, so he tried to hold them in as best he could. Entering the hall it self through a side entrance he saw his father waiting eagerly for the king, according to the servants he was still at the stable with his companions and guards. Arthas soon after entering went to his fathers’ side, good timing too the King soon entered after doing so he was followed by some other lords and a few guards ‘Welcome to Darssen, my king. Would you like a drink and a seat my Lord’ said Rand pointing at a seat at the table and the waving at the servants to pour some drinks.
‘Ahh Lord Rand it is good to see you’ He said whilst taking up his seat
‘Shame this time I have to bit you farewell from my military services. But hopefully in a few years time Arthas can take it up, I hope you don’t mind that Lord William, Nordred and Tomas have joined me, I did hope that your brilliance would of rubbed off on them while we wait for Arthas here to join me.’ joined King Tirion in conversation, Rand and Arthas soon joined the rest on the table joining in the drinks.
‘All I hope for my King is that I have enough beer to satisfy all tonight please enjoy the stay. Maid bring the beer and tell the cooks I want them to start the feast’ said Rand with a smile painted on his face. After a while of getting up-to-date Rand bellowed ‘Tonight we shall feast on local wild boar, would you all care to join me in the feasting hall’ Rand pointed towards the door ah he got from his seat.
As they followed Rand, Arthas took the time to get to know the lords the king had allowed to accompany him to Darssen.
Lord William was rather a middle aged man rather fat from to much feasting and rather unattractive but fine in clothes, he had lands near the Agian Sea. He said the pastures were among the richest in the land and that the beauty was beyond comparable to anything he had seen. The rich pastures had made him rich and he was one of the most powerful in the land second to only Tomas and the King. This meant that he had some of the best fortress’ In Britonia but not the most practical more for show but as he was far from enemy lands he didn’t have a strong armed force to assist the king.
Lord Nordred was a tall wide man who looked like he ate men for tea, he had a big scar across his face which had took his looks from him. He was almost opposite from William he was a Lord with lands far from the Sea and he said that the Land produced the hardest men as it was a rich mining town but had to import most of its food, he was a hardened campaigner as the border he was near belonged to the orcs which saw his land as easy pickings. And whilst having many successful campaigns against the orcs he was not comparable to his farther and tended to use the same tactics over again. But these campaigns were expensive and being so his fortresses were not extravagant compared to others, but they were practical so they did the job.
Finally Lord Tomas was a good looking man and quite young, his farther had passed away when he was young so he had inherited it early. He was from a land not rich in anything but was able to supply it self with plenty of food and ore so that he hardly ever needed to buy anything from any lord, this meant he was the richest in Britonia, and he had extravagant fortresses and towns to prove this. He had campaigned with his farther many times, his farther had enjoyed campaigning with Tomas and said he had been his best cavalry commander. He also bragged about how his forces were the best armed and best trained in Britonia.
Rand stopped at the huge door entering to the feasting hall, opining the doors gave sight of some of the finest carpentry in Mythador. ‘Fabulous isn’t it looted from an Elven fortress we captured, the elves don’t do much by half.’ Rand put in, then pointed everyone to there seats and barked at the servants to get the drinks.
‘Fine work I must say, these elves could teach us much in the ways of the art carpentry’ Tomas added
‘They do not use carpentry apparently they ask there forest for such extravagant woodwork’ Arthas put in.
The conversation continued as they sat down and started on the beer, it was a fine beer brewed from the finest hops in the land. The dinner progressed and the food came too, soon after entering, conversation flowed. Rand told tales of his adventures and the other lords telling there own. As the night came to the end the conversation turned to the young Arthas and how the king hoped he would fill his father’s shoes and about how he would miss Rand at the head of the army, then finally the king stood up beer in his hand ‘Tonight we celebrate the retirement of one of the best generals in the whole of Mythador he has changed my kingdom from a struggling land into a peaceful place. And in doing so he has become a close friend, I also have something I want to give to you’ the king said whilst pulling out a sword from a wrapped cloth ‘It has been made by the finest blacksmith in the lands made from the strongest steel’ the sword was the finest rand had seen even from Elven workmanship.
‘My lord this is too much I cannot accept it, I just did my duty to my king’ Rand quickly added.
‘Well then it is your duty to accept my gift, you have been a fine general to the land and with this sword it shall be know by all that you are one of the greatest in the history of Mythador!’ and with that Rand took the sword gave it one look over to make sure he wasn’t dreaming and then said.
‘My king this is a gift comparable to none I shall never fail to answer your call to help I shall be there when you need me, but I hope these lord will provide you with enough support. Now it is getting late the servants will show you to your room’ Pointed Rand as he finished.
‘The dinner was one of the finest yet Rand, you have a fine cook. But alas night calls us to our beds we shall leave early.’
As they all departed Arthas stayed behind reminiscing over the night, all the wondrous tales and the gallantry of the men on the table. But the person who left the biggest impression was the King, Arthas thought he would be rather imposing of his authority but he seems very lax with every one and gave the impression that they were all best friends, but Arthas new this wasn’t the case. He had heard his farther talk of the men that companied the King saying that they were not to be trusted and they had there own agendas. And according to Rand he had stoped lord from the land from overthrowing the king, and these lords were too rich and powerful to not be a threat. But his brilliance in battle had often scared the lords back to loyalty.
Arthas was struggling on what to think of the men, and why the king had brought his most untrustworthy lords to dine with them on the eve then suddenly his dad prodded him.
‘Arthas get a move on, you have an early start in the morning we have to see of the king and the lords, then it will be back to studying and then a few hours with me in the courtyard about you sword skills, well don’t just stand there boy!’
Arthas quickly getting to his feet facing his farther giving him thanks for the dinner and the night, then heading off to his room. It was a long walk to his room from the Feasting hall, it was the other side of the citadel, and it gave Arthas perfect time to think on the reason why the king had brought the lords that he did. Was it to give them a chance to look at Arthas and assess him, see if he could take up the reins, was it to try and persuade his farther back into the military to help to protect the king. Arthas could not settle on one reason before he got to his room but one thing remained, the king is playing a smart game with his lords and if they do rebel it will not be easy even with out Rand by his side and with that last though he entered his cosy bed, fluffed his pillow and entered the land of dreams.
It was early morning when he dad barged in and awoke him, ‘Arthas get up, your wasting day light.’
As Arthas began to awake he remembered the thoughts of last night ‘Farther why did the king invite the most untrustworthy Lords to dine on your retirement?’ Arthas said boldly.
Sitting down on the bed ‘Arthas, the king has to play many games to keep himself on the throne. The lords together could overwhelm him easily and take his crown, bringing them to dine was a chance to tell them that I am still alive and I have you to carry on my work. The king is smart Arthas he knows how to play his cards and when to place them on the field. Just to know that one powerful lord is behind the king stops them from overthrowing him. They want the crown them selves and sometimes a good kingdom will fall not to enemy invaders but to greedy lord who wanted the throne.’
‘So he’s using you to impose his authority’ Arthas said as he got up and started to change.
‘In a way he is, but I will always be there if the king needs me, Lords without kings are worse than an army with no general, now hurry up we have the king to farewell’
Arthas was soon ready and left with his farther to the stables, the king and the lords were all there packing to get ready to go home. ‘I do hope you have enjoyed your stay’
‘Rand we couldn’t have expected more, we have enjoyed your hospitality’ Tirion put in.
They were soon ready to leave and with Rand and Arthas watching they glimpsed out of sight.
‘Now Arthas to your studies and make sure you ready to take on your farther in the practice ring’ his dad spoke, turning Arthas left for the study room where his teacher would be waiting. Arthas was hoping the studies would be over quickly as he wanted to show his dad what he had learned when he had been away, hopefully this time he would win.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

The c1 is very interesting and well written. Hope to hear more soon =). Bdw will that battle be the end of arthas chronicles since he died (yea number 2 ending=P, pew pew -> humans dead). Tho if you give little more description of battle it would be nice conclusion of the chronicles. But if arthas and his kingdom die how would other (king + lords) react on that, maybe after end there could be epilogue =). Just my opinion. Oh and liked part where arthas fell on the floor =P, because it shows that hes not a "perfect man" and thats good =). Bdw how young is he here cuz you said just that he is young boy but that can be lots different numbers. At start i would say he is more like 10- 12 and during story more like 16-17.
You will post more, right ?=) Hooked me in x.x

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 01-25-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

lol, he would be about 13-14 id say a few years till military service (16 it will be when he gets there)that and hes been drinking with the adults so he cannot be too young and yes there shall be more thats just how im starting it, if u havent already guessed the plot ima not going to tell you it. And that battle might end the way i want it too, you'll just have to wait and see
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Looks great! I don't have the time to read it entirely now, but I will try to do so tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

i will read it when i get home, i am currently in school
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Havent read through all of it yet but try to use some spaces between area's of text (enters). It makes it easier to read
Old 01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Havent read through all of it yet but try to use some spaces between area's of text (enters). It makes it easier to read
sorry i did on my word, but hasnt seemed to come up on this :S
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Btw i didnt get time to post what i thought of this after i read it yesterday It was really great Plz write more
Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Continued.

But unlucky for Arthas his classes dragged along he had learned most of what needed learning so the teachers would set him meaning less tasks, lesson after lesson Arthas fought out staying awake and preparing to fight his farther. He was at his last lesson Elven Languages they both greeted each other, ‘Arthas it is time I taught you the ways of the elves and their livelihood, this may help you in future battles against the elves. You have almost mastered the art of elfish quicker than any man, or elf may I add’

‘Thank you master elf, before you start your lesson may I ask, my farther has a fine piece of wood that he made as a table for the feasting hall and he said the elves don’t use carpentry and ask the forest, how does this work?’

‘Well Arthas the elves and the forest live in harmony you see, they give the forests animals and tenders it, so in tow the elves get back food and wood. But it would not be wood you and I are used to, they live in great trees and every time they help the forest the trees get bigger. The elves live in the trees so they grow to they grow to their needs, complicated but it shall all be explained further in the lessons.’

So the lesson went on Arthas was keen at his table listing to the new lessons he shall be learning, it was all in elfish of course just to make sure he was leaning both at the same time but unlike the rest of the day this lesson flew by and soon it came to face his farther, saying goodbye to his teacher and thanking him for his lesson Arthas left and headed straight for the courtyard.

As soon as he entered he was confronted by his dads dominating height ‘Pick up a sword and attack me’ Rand ordered. Arthas quickly drew his sword and charged sword held well above his head Arthas was just about to strike when his Rand stepped out the way hit the sword out of his hand then tripped him up dashing Arthas’ hope to take his farther.

‘You trying to get you self killed? Before you charge you must evaluate the opponent and make sure you know where to put your feet. To be unprepared is to be prepared to fail, you must not charge in directly, now again’

Arthas got on his feet and picked the sword from the floor; he then assumed a low stance and walked around his farther assessing him, seeing where to strike and what the best place to strike is. As he was assessing his farther came towards him, he quickly assumed a defensive stance and checked he had enough ground for a hasty retreat. His old mentor said defence was he best attribute, so Rand came towards Arthas ], expecting a frontal attack Rand surprised him when he darted over to his left hand side and came with a side blow. But this time Arthas was prepared quickly met his sword with his and deflected it out the way, then Arthas moved on the offensive spinning past where Rand had attacked and lunged. Normally it would catch most by supprise but Rand wasn’t his normal opponent, and he quickly brushed the blade aside as he did so he came at Arthas using the pommel of his sword which Arthas had to limbo to escape, but now he was on the back foot and Rand came with blow after blow going from swings to lunges always keeping Arthas guessing, but somehow Arthas was keeping Rands attacks from finding there target. Arthas couldn’t carry on as the wall would surely catch up on him soon, Arthas parried and spun round Rand so that he had exposed his back lunging and hoping that this would end the battle but Rand him self spun with his sword upright knocking Arthas’ off target Rand ended the battle by sweeping Arthas off his feet with a kick and on his back Arthas was but a lying corpse.

‘Excellent Arthas you have come far, one of the best spars I have had in a long time! Tomorrow we shall look at your attacking and using your body to expose the opposition. Now the day is yours but do not be late for food, you have much growing to do and such little time to do it.’
With that they bowed and both turned and left, Arthas gathered his steed from the stables and headed into town, he was meeting his friends in the forest. Today they hoped to kill the fine stag that had made the forest his home, they had gotten close a few times but the stag was always a step to far. He met up with them just on the outskirts of the forest he was a very popular guy and this time most of the boys from the town was here even some girls too, probably here to see who the best was. Arthas had brought most of his military ware with him, leaving his armour on the horse he took his fine longbow and his quiver. Split up into groups he was they were put in 5’s Arthas had the company of his best friends Nathan, Robin, Alex and Tomas.

Nathan the son of the armourer he was Arthas age with bright blonde hair and rather toned body with looks to boot, he was sought after by many girls, he preferred to use sword and shield rather than hunting with bows but he enjoyed spending the time with his mates. He was the girlie man of the group always chasing or being chased by the girls and asking how he looked.

Robin had ginger hair and a scar marking his face that covered from left to right he was the son of the Fletcher and was a few months older than Arthas, being the fletcher’s son he was the best in town using the bow as he tested each and everyone of his fathers bow to see if they were good. He would also be good looking if it wasn’t for his scar that stretched from one side to the other of his face, he got it when he was young and slipped over with an arrow in his hand, cutting his face open.

Alex was a brown knotted haired and rather dirty young boy as he was from one of the poorest families in town his farther died during campaign with his Rand and ever since the family had never been able to recover. But Alex and Arthas both helped each other out as Alex was very talented at warfare they would train late at night together to help improve their skills, and in exchange Arthas made sure he was well fed and clothed, but Alex was the joker always making people laugh no matter what the situation.

And last Tomas he was a rather well built strong young man he had short brown hair, but unlike the others would keep to himself, but past all that and he was son to the second-in-command to Rand and also shared in Arthas’ luxuries. But whilst he tried to keep himself he was always there if any of the 4 needed him. He was the brains of the group getting them out of trouble when needed and making plans to get them into trouble as well.

Where did our young hero fit in all this, well of course he was the leader of the group he had all the attributes of the rest, but unlike most others he didn’t exploit them to other peoples demises. As they all got there hunting bows and quivers at the ready they started off in the woods, hour after hour past with no sign. Soon it would be getting to late to hunt, and his farther would be expecting him on time to dinner today but that was a few hours in the future.
‘Hey Nathan you got something on your bum’ Alex pointed

‘Where?’ as Nathan tried to look, then smack Alex kicked him square in the bum.

‘OWCHHH!’ he screamed, he turned and ran straight towards Alex but he was already off giggling like a girl. The others were laughing and then suddenly came a glimpse of wondrous antlers, and then the stag came into full view.

‘Shhhhh, look there he is’ Arthas pointed all of them turned with mouths wide open. Arthas knocked his bow sighted down his arrow, he was almost ready to shoot. Just a few more yards he thought, then like reading his mind the stag walked them few more yards into the prefect position. Arthas started counting down in his head 3… 2… 1… Then out of no where

‘ARTHAS!!!’ Someone bellowed from behind them, ‘Arthas quick come Darssen has been attacked!’ It was the stags lucky day, Arthas turned with his friends and rand back to where they had left there horses. As soon as they reached the point hundreds of the youth were standing watching the smoke work its way from Darssen towards the sky.

‘I’m going in to see what has happened and if I can find any survivors, who’s coming’ All of his group put there hands up but everyone else stared towards the ground and twiddling there thumbs. ‘Those who do not wish stay here until I return’ Arthas mounted followed by Nathan, Robin, Alex and Tomas.

They soon got in full view of the castle and for some reason Arthas could not see any siege marks where the intruders would have gained entry, but yet inside the walls fires broke out and smoke covered the sky. They carried on as they got to the gates they noticed they were open, entering the cobbled streets bodies layed everywhere guards looked like they died where they were patrolling, weird Arthas though normally the guards would be rushing to the rescue when there is an attack. They carried on fires still raging each boy went to there houses to look for survivors and met back at the citadel.

None had survived by the looks, Arthas hoped his family had found safety, but as soon as he entered the courtyard he saw a man tied against wooden pole he had blood pouring from almost every limb in his body. But his face was looking towards the ground, as Arthas approached him the man lifted his head ‘FARTHER!’ Arthas yelled.

‘Son do not bother with me im dead, look to the borders my son take your friends as well, you are not safe here’ coughing blood Rand carried on ‘I was betrayed took by surprise Lord Tomas returned with his army and slaughtered all where they stood….. Son please ….. Take my sword ………. And my armour it will ……. Serve you well……. We shall meet again’ and with that Rands head dropped back down to face the floor. Arthas full of rage and turned to his friends who all bore the same expression on there faces.

‘Gather what supplies we need and gather armour and weapons for our journey’ And with that they all ran in different directions some heading for family house holds to gather there family weapons and armour. Arthas headed straight for his fathers room, and upon entering he was faced with the glinting armour that his dad had been so successful in and by its side was the king’s sword. Gathering both up he clothed him self with the armour, and met Alex in his room, he had given permission to use his armour and weapon. Then the two of them headed straight for the armoury hoping there friends would all meet him there.

When the reached the armoury the boys were all in there fathers best armour. Tomas wore his father’s fine armour that almost made Rands look cheap. Nathan was in fine armour being the armourer’s son it was to be expected gilded in gold, but it was plain. ‘Dad said plain was always better than extravagance’ he explained. Robin however was in leather armour perfect for archers and he suited it, better than any of the others suited there dads.

‘Gather what we can for the others but do not over load the horses’ Arthas command. And with that they all started to gather up weapons and some chain mail but they could only fit few on the horses, checking everything Arthas then gave the command to mount up and head back. Having one last look at Darssen vowing to return victorious over Lord Tomas, they left.

Next week will be more
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Sorry if its a bit unrefined atm, will refine it laters. Just if your wondering this is like my mock bit still alot more definition of the characters and that to be added, just i get too restless when im building upto something i want that done there and then :P