Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

This does not look good... - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Pilgrim is on a good road to success

In wc3 all the soldiers are left handed too. I did always find that weird.

Anyway Noxeros, you have to be very careful with how you word criticisms here amongst DoF's most dedicated fans

You should have just posted it as a question. Saying something looks bad in these forums tends to bring you under heavy fire.

Last edited by Pilgrim : 01-21-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxeros View Post
I think it's really irritating! and my mother, sister and friend are left handed, I just don't see why all the soldiers are left handed? one or two, maybe even 50% of them, but ALL?
read the quote lol and the link would just have gone to search, I typed in Left Handed and that thread popped up and explained why. Search is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxeros View Post
Because I see it as wrong to wield a sword in your left hand (Link from the Zelda games is also wrong O.o) And I want to know why it is like that in this game. In my very own opinion, that is a factor to buy or not to buy the game :/
I will probably still buy it, but I won't do it without a wierd fealing inside my stomach!
It's actually very advantageous to be left handed every manner of combat with a sword except for tight formations that relied on a shield wall where even if you're left handed you fight with your right. I've done a lot of stuff with the SCA as well as fencing, in the mediocre -> advanced range left handed is a huge advantage, for masters it really doesn't matter but that's a whole different level.

A left handed person simply put is almost always going to fight right handed people, a right handed person is almost never going to fight a left handed person. You see the dilemma, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
In wc3 all the soldiers are left handed too. I did always find that weird.

Anyway Noxeros, you have to be very careful with how you word criticisms here amongst DoF's most dedicated fans

You should have just posted it as a question. Saying something looks bad in these forums tends to bring you under heavy fire.
lol, it was pretty civil the first time it was brought up, I think it's mostly because it has been answered before that it'll be fixed eventually. The models themselves are correct, the engine simply does it mirrored because of a glitch right now, and left handed soldiers isn't a big priority heh.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-21-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

This is a pretty funny thread should be closed.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day.
Did you read the thread or just the title :-o
Old 01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
SCA
The Society of Creative Anachronism?

So overall, 'tis a minor thing that will be fixed before the release or during beta or whatever. It is pretty cool that people can only find little things like that wrong with the game, I sincerely hope this game is great, like it deserves to be.

Congratulations on your beta key Nox!

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Indeed it is.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day.

Quite hilarious. We will get on to fixing this asoon as the missing 'Extremely important game features' are all finished up.
Well we have to argue about something since this game is so perfect that there is no other reason to argue about o.-, or you just feed us with too little info and we run out of stuff to talk about =P.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Noxeros has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post

So overall, 'tis a minor thing that will be fixed before the release or during beta or whatever. It is pretty cool that people can only find little things like that wrong with the game, I sincerely hope this game is great, like it deserves to be.

Congratulations on your beta key Nox!

Thanks, Darathor! Congratulations to you 2!

Last edited by Noxeros : 01-22-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I've actually always preferred my units weapons in their left hand in games. Just a habit I picked up I suppose. I honestly don't get how it's a big deal in any way whos to say people in this world aren't just normally left handed? Wait why am I even entertaining this thread? Ahh well, it's good to know this is one of the "major concerns" shows so far we really got nothing bad to say about it.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I don't think it makes too much of a difference. In the AoE series, I believe it was just radomly selected based on the units orignal position at the moment a game begain. I might be wrong on that... I will check.

It is a little technical issue that could make the game slightly less-realistic, but it is not too high of a priority really for me.
Closed Thread