Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
well, i dont personally care wether there left or right handed, but it would be cool if you could mix it up as to where only a percentage of a group of soldiers are right handed.....itll make it a bit more realistic
lol no its not realistic ..... they have training to be like one man army. In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherenced battalion, each glich could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group. But ofc at barbarian like attacks that didnt matter =P, but as i see here at humans and elves,are well organized so they cant afford to have such poor organized army.
In conclusion if you were lefthander you had to get yourself used to use things in right hand or you died doing so.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 01-21-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Noxeros has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
lol no its not realistic ..... they have training to be like one man army. In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherenced battalion, each glich could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group. But ofc at barbarian like attacks that didnt matter =P, but as i see here at humans and elves,are well organized so they cant afford to have such poor organized army.
In conclusion if you were lefthander you had to get yourself used to use things in right hand or you died doing so.

This person understands! I have heard that it was against the laws to wield your sword in the left hand, but it might not be true
And this IS a fantasy game, but still...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherence battalion, each glitch could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group.
It is true even for the fantasy world's history. But for sure If right and left hand is a problem then it is for the Orc's as Kire says.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxeros View Post
This person understands! I have heard that it was against the laws to wield your sword in the left hand, but it might not be true
And this IS a fantasy game, but still...
Aye and it is also the reason why the brittish driv on the left hand side. As you would draw your sword out from the right hand being on the right hand side means you have to reach further to attack them.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Um is actually a serious thread? What does it matter what hand the weapon is held in? If anything left handedness is different from the vast majority of games out there. Why the bother over a very minor graphics point?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
Um is actually a serious thread? What does it matter what hand the weapon is held in? If anything left handedness is different from the vast majority of games out there. Why the bother over a very minor graphics point?
Because right handers rule!

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Noxeros has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post

Because I see it as wrong to wield a sword in your left hand (Link from the Zelda games is also wrong O.o) And I want to know why it is like that in this game. In my very own opinion, that is a factor to buy or not to buy the game :/
I will probably still buy it, but I won't do it without a wierd fealing inside my stomach!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

massenic has fair reputation

Could you all please stop whining about it...

As said in the 2nd post, it's a bug in the engine that will be gone before the beta.

Thank you
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

There is nothing wrong with having them left-handed. You will only ever notice it if you zoom in. You'd have to be quite meticulous indeed if you wouldn't buy the game because the soldiers are left-handed. They also said it was a bug in the engine that will be fixed before beta begins, so don't fret over it.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day.

Quite hilarious. We will get on to fixing this asoon as the missing 'Extremely important game features' are all finished up.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Closed Thread