Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness - Michelle Paver
Black Magician Trilogy - Trudi Canavan
Darren Shan Saga / Demonata series - Darren Shan
The Night Angel Trilogy - Brent Weeks
Jack Flint Series - Joe Donnelly
Artemis Fowl Series - Eoin Coifer (From a previous topic i know thats an unliked one here on the forums)

I think that should suffice for now

However, yes reading on the net is a good idea too, and i have an amazing writer of 'fanfiction' for Eragon and its series... However the writer never read them as such, and opposes the books and makes it actually a good story

I recommend 'From White To Black'
http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/viewuser.php?uid=784
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Artemis fowl never thought i would hear that name again It was the second complicated book i ever read, a friend said i had to read it. First i read all the animorphs series in the school library when i was in 4th grade (it was actually 6th+ grade books but since i had already read most of the library i got to move on ahead of the others I was a genius in reading back then.) Anyway Artemis fowl was about that invisible creature and that genius who worked together? And yes i gotta open that book sometime soon again, should probably take a visit to the elementary school to loan some

But i got lots of new books too Also the one who mentioned lotr, well i can still remember almost everything (in a summary) about most of those books i just don't feel like reading the hobbit thingie because it seems to suck.

Also eragon is not my top list of things to read because i didn't really like eragon, i don't know why but its something about it that makes me want to scream out YOU SUCK but i guess it could be because i was so bored over some time that i saw that movie over and over again, we will never know
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Double postie Well anyway the foundation series seems cool so i will try to acquire a few
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

Havent read any of the books however I did hear eragon the book was far better than the movie. Though I enjoyed the movie.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
i love fantasy and sci fi, i cant even begin to think how boring it would be to read politics
It's the kind of politics with murder and treachery, not health care reform and democrats vs republics / liberals vs conservatives. Trust me, I can't stand traditional politics either - but the kind of politics people get routinely assassinated and start wars is definitely interesting.

Quote:
Double postie Well anyway the foundation series seems cool so i will try to acquire a few
Issac Asimov is a fantastic author, you won't regret it. The premise of the books is the basic evolution of humanity can be reduced to percentages with the proper math, each outcome has a certain probability - and one man's attempt to use this to make an age of darkness that he also predicted would happen but no-one would listen to him, from lasting as long as it would without intervention which would result in humanity going back thousands of years technologically by creating the foundation, a group of the best and brightest sent to the edge of the universe to attempt retain the knowledge of humanity and survive the dark age, thus shortening it from I think it was 10 thousand years to hundreds or something like that, quite a huge difference. But only large groups of people can be accurately predicated, individuals remain unpredictable and dangerous.

I feel like reading them again myself. I have the books on my desk.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 01-15-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Usually books are better than movies, guess because every single individual has it's own imagination of things.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Well that foundation, i guess it seems cool the foundations are at both ends of the universe or something, and it was reduced to a 1000 years instead of 10 000 years, the series all in all got 20 000 years coverage and 1.500 000 words. I did my research
Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

The Black Company by Glen Cook.

This is an awesome book which I am reading right now sort of stumbled upon you have to try it out. When I first started reading it I was a little confused with the way its put together, but now its hard to put down really good. I would also suggest forgotten realms books by R.A. Salvatore those are good to.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Well that foundation, i guess it seems cool the foundations are at both ends of the universe or something, and it was reduced to a 1000 years instead of 10 000 years, the series all in all got 20 000 years coverage and 1.500 000 words. I did my research
Yeah my post was all from memory - I read the foundation books 6+ years ago, I still remember big plot points but some of the details are fuzzy. One thing I remember clearly though, easily one of my favorite sci-fi series.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.