Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Pope and Avatar movie - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 AM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Avatar is what happens when you get what you pay for. Spending that much money on the most advanced 3D graphics, of course you're going to be called revolutionary. Still it was essentially Ferngully with concept art from WoW's Burning Crusade. The fact that the Pope is enraged, and that people are going through Pandora withdrawl going back to our "dull dreary existance" is ludicrous. It's a cookie cutter movie and honestly you can see just as dazzling things right here on earth. I think the only people that will be lead astray will be small minded.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

Avatar is awesome, however did you see when the plane (you know one of those with two engines aimed down) was about to land, it did not show any sign on the grass... a fail? next time you watch the movie look underneath one of the plane/helicopter thingies and see what happens underneath it. However that is the only bad thing about that film, its awesome!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies....masterpiece-ap

There is one link if you havent heard about it (article) so you can read it.

In my opinion nature can give us more than pope and his religion and they say the navi are worshiping nature and they are afraid ppl will also start to worship it x.x, havent heard biggest crap for a long time. The navi rather understands nature and its value and giving it proper respect as a being and not ¨worshiping¨. Nature can also give us lot more than just wood and food but pope fear that ppl will realize that he is a big lie and unneeded.
And pope is more concearned about loosing his worshipers rather than figuring how to make better world and respecting ppl around him.

So this is my opinion, could write more but will keep it short and simple =) ... whats your opinion ppl? Agree with him?

ok the fact that the pope thinks hes gonna lose worshipers because of a digitally genereated movie is stupid, one reason why i hate religion..popes are stupid and hate anythign that they think might oppose there "power" over his followers
SPOILERS:and about this movie being the same as pocohontas, i have to disagree, the indians in pocohonats werent blue, didnt ride bird/dragon looking mounts. and also werent 12 ft tall. the main character/hero guy wasnt handicapped. nobody had machine guns, ppl werent cutting down trees for giant mineral deposits. and just becasue the one "indian" girl and the human guy fell in love means its similiar to pocohontas? thats like saying the titanic is the same as pocohontas...
all in all the movie was absolutly fantastic, it was a great action film with a good romantic touch to it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

The Pope statement did not have anything to do with losing members of his religion. And it was a member of the Vatican, not the Pope. Secondly, they were just stating that the nature-worship stuff in Avatar was contrary to their beliefs, not that the whole movie should be condemned.

I personally think Avatar was a good movie. However, Plot wise, it was much like Pocahontes [however, it is spelled]. Still the special effects and development of characters was able to move beyond this so that the similarities in plot were not detramental to the film.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negthareas View Post
I personally think Avatar was a good movie. However, Plot wise, it was much like Pocahontes [however, it is spelled]. Still the special effects and development of characters was able to move beyond this so that the similarities in plot were not detramental to the film.
This is basically how I felt about the film, it was good, seemed a bit like Pocahontas, but the characters, setting, and plot development stopped it from being too much alike to where it becomes obvious.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

I guess it does
Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I think it was an amazing feat. You only really realise how much the 3d aspect makes a diffrence untill you watch it in 2d which to be hounest it didnt have anywhere near the atmosphere or effect. Though the plot i beleive has been slated heavily i think is perfectly fine. it is no more 2D as some critics put then other plots but compared to the visuals i guess it is the weak spot of the film. Although for a epic film. it really does push the envolope.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

I agree totally with the fact that Avatar broke the old mold for movies - any newer "Awesome movies will have to live up to its fantastic special effects.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

To tell the truth, I thought Avatar was one of the greatest feats ever accomplished in cinema. It's right up there with my favs (SW, LotR etc). Yes, the plot is similar to Pocahontas, but it's still a fantastic "re"telling. IMO the great stories are the ones that have been around forever. There's a reason why they last that long
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
To tell the truth, I thought Avatar was one of the greatest feats ever accomplished in cinema. It's right up there with my favs (SW, LotR etc). Yes, the plot is similar to Pocahontas, but it's still a fantastic "re"telling. IMO the great stories are the ones that have been around forever. There's a reason why they last that long
Good Point.