Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit tumbling - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

actually the armor would be strong enough to withstand a horse, however not if the horse use a little strength. If it just stand atop of an armor it should be able to hold if just barely (actually it depends of the armor tough but anyways) but once a bit force is used it goes down. Reminds me of a ceramic cup, you can place a house on top of it and it doesn't get crushed but if you hit it with your hand you crush it. It really is the most powerful substance in the known world however if you place a sand corn underneath is then it would also be crushed. It is kinda like it can hold a constant weight but sudden weight or more weight on one side rather then the other should crush it.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

If the armor was one piece - I imagine it would give at the hinges on the side. The pressure would snap them, and the man inside would get crushed. This is under the assumption that the horse landed on the person, and was not carefully laid on top.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

well normally a charging horse would rarely disturb real life physics but i guess it happens once or twice. "Look a flying horse." "No stupid, horses can't fly its just a overgrown squirrel with wings."
Old 03-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
It really is the most powerful substance in the known world
Uuh... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought diamond was the hardest known substance?

Quote:
This is under the assumption that the horse landed on the person, and was not carefully laid on top.
This.

Quote:
"Look a flying horse." "No stupid, horses can't fly its just a overgrown squirrel with wings."
Old 03-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

yes, diamond is the strongest normally. But if we think of how much weight they can take before they crush i bet ceramic stands a good chance to hold it. I am not certain of it however, i just watched discovery channel like i do every day i can
Old 03-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Discovery is just bleagh. The Australian ABC is pretty much the best channel I have watched when it comes to docos.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Honestly, I loved unit tumbling. It worked wonders when using Nazgul, heroes, or pikes. It was a dirty tactic, but it worked.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I think it mad complete sense with cavalry and Nazgul and catapults, but besides that was implemented incorrectly. To have it in any other situations [besides falling ents] is and was illogical.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Righto, well here's my ideas on this.

Calvary in DoF should cost massive amounts of money, and should cut into fodder really well, like it seems to do.

However, Calvary are easy to beat by positioning apropreate forces. We all know that if you go too deep with calvary and loose the momentum of the charge, or if it encounters a strong resistance, the force is dead meat. Heavier units-aka, ones with armor, with-hold the onslaught of a charge better then lighter units. And braver units with-hold against a charge better then less willed units. So even though a blademaster unit is not extremely well armored, it will at least attempt to slow down the calvary.

Calvary in DoF should be decimating when used correctly. I would like to have 1000 men battles at least once every other day in MMO mode (after progression, of course). A fifth of my force should be calvary, and I expect to use them to do more then just thin the ranks. IMO, Calvary should be used for decisive blows.

That being said, from what I've seen from some videos out there, Calvary needs to encounter much more resistance to units then in BFME, and much less then in RTW. Once they get in the muck of the enemy force, they should be taken down. But if they have a tactical oppertunity presented to them, they should be able to strike a decisive blow.

Last edited by otomotopia : 03-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

If you ask me, cavalry were only over-powered against swordsmen/archers in BFME. Against pikemen, unless the cavalry were fully upgraded and the pikemen not at all, they didn't stand much of a chance. I only really noticed cavalry's prowess when charging into a horde or mordor orcs/gondor swordsmen. That's when the fun begins

Anyways, I think that if cavalry had been a bit more expensive they would've been pretty much accurate. DoF can actually pull this off much easier because they can more easily relate how much time it took to train a group of cavalry to ride/charge (in other words, more building time) and make them fairly expensive. I'm with blackfang, except I think that of 1000 troops only 100 should be cavalry. Any more, and it's a bit too many to relay the devestation they cause.

Also, heavy infantry wouldn't stand any better a time in the inital charge against cavalry then light infantry would, unless they had spears/pikes. Cavalry speed would slow down faster (and thus cause less devestation) against heavy infantry, but other than that heavier armor isn't going to help against the first impact. It'll be a major factor once the cavalry have decimated the first 2-3lines of infantry, though. At that point, against light infantry they'd still be going strong, but against heavy, they'd have to wheel around before the fighting became hand-to-hand.