Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unit tumbling - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

I found that it added a lot to the game - to BFME that is.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

It wasn't really that intrusive on gameplay in BfME. You just had to make sure you had plenty of archers to bring the trolls down before they reached your battle line. Besides, it was EPIC to have massive cavalry forces
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
It wasn't really that intrusive on gameplay in BfME. You just had to make sure you had plenty of archers to bring the trolls down before they reached your battle line. Besides, it was EPIC to have massive cavalry forces
Yes - one of the things they did awesomely on in BFME was cavalry.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
Yes - one of the things they did awesomely on in BFME was cavalry.
And how could they not? Considering the source material:

Old 02-27-2010, 01:09 PM

HolyPollo has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
I felt that cavalry was incredibly over powered in that game. Calvary should have increased attack vs infantry and ranged units as well as increased speed but the ability to always mow through fields of infantry units, doing massive damage for each strike seemed unrealistic and unbalanced to me. AoE did calvary much better in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

the rome total war cavalry are a lot more balanced, they crush into the ranks of infantry. Then one of three things happened. The infantry routed, the cavalry was held there and crushed, the cavalry was pulled back then charged again. The cavalry were great for smashing into enemies to rout them and to hunt down running people and kill archers. But they totally sucked in a huge melee, they are great but at the same time they suck. However against small town guards they are great since they don't loose as many against weak units. My opinion is that cavalry should be shock units, they make a huge difference with their speed and mobility. However if properly surrounded they will get slaughtered Thats why the great armies of rome and greece were such a bother to the cavalry nations, they walk forward and if attacked by cavalry they still continue cutting down and surrounding. Its awesome
Old 02-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Quote:
I felt that cavalry was incredibly over powered in that game. Calvary should have increased attack vs infantry and ranged units as well as increased speed but the ability to always mow through fields of infantry units, doing massive damage for each strike seemed unrealistic and unbalanced to me. AoE did calvary much better in my opinion.
You have to at least admit that it was wierd seeing a knight charging towards someone and then stopping in front of them, though.

Anyway, I think cavalry crushing should be included in this game, but not so much that they can kill over three layers of soldiers. It should be purely for disrupting formations and making it very hard for the enemy to coordinate their attacks. Maybe, just maybe, if the circumstances are right, for example downhill charge with massive buffs and an unprepared enemy, cavalry should own like they do in BfME.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

I loved the total war cavalry myself. I imagine this games combat to be similar to total wars in several ways.

World of battles also has a nice setup for cavalry charging. It takes into account cavalry weight, speed, formation etc. yet at the same time is fairly simple. If enemy pikemen get in formation in front of them it's devastating for the cavalry and can possibly break a charge dead in its tracks for the nearby infantry that are being guarded, or other cavalry to flank for example. Also the heavier the target unit (like heavy infantry) the more it slows or has a chance of stopping the cavalry charge.

Last edited by Aametherar : 02-27-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Oh yeah, I forgot to add "light infantry" to my list of prerequisites for a devastating cavalry charge.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

in world of battles i got a huge pikeman army, its entirely made of pikemen and archers. The pikemen got an incredible health and the archers got an incredible dmg. Its awesome, however i don't play it now... It just doesn't feel fun anymore.